Ashington JW RFC
|Full name||Ashington Joint Welfare Rugby Football Club|
|Location||Ashington, Northumberland, England|
Ashington JW RFC is a rugby union team based in Ashington, Northumberland in north-east England. The club currently competes in Durham/Northumberland 2 the eight tier of the English rugby union system.
The rugby club was founded in 1922 by amalgamating the two Ashington Welfares, hence the club's official title of Ashington Joint Welfare RFC.
Ashington currently reside in Durham/Northumberland 2 after they were relegated in 2012 from Durham/Northumberland 1. Ashington have won the Northumberland Senior Plate a joint record three times. The club made national news headlines in 2019 with its infamous clubhouse party games at Christmas time. 
- North East 2 Champions: 1995
- Durham/Northumberland 1 Champions: 1990
- Durham/Northumberland 2 Champions: 2008
- Northumberland Senior Plate Winners (3): 2002, 2006, 2008
- "Rugby - Ashington History". Ashington RFC. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Ashington relegated from Durham/Northumberland 2". Evening Chronicle. Retrieved 31 March 2021.
- "2011-2012 Northern Division". England Rugby. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Rugby players filmed using naked human bowling balls in raucous Christmas party". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 31 March 2021.
This article "Ashington JW RFC" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ashington JW RFC. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.