|Peter Milburn (Chairman)|
Gordon J. Fyfe CEO):p.4
|$14 Billion (June 2018)|
|AUM||$145 Billion (June 2018)|
BCI, officially the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation, is a Canadian Crown corporation established in 1999, to oversee and invest British Columbia's provincial wealth funds. As of June 30, 2018, BCI manages over C$145 billion in investment assets. Headquartered in Victoria, BC, BCIMC is one of the world's biggest investment funds, operating out of 23 offices across 17 countries.
Investment Groups[edit | edit source]
BCI has four major investment divisions:
- Capital Markets, which focusses on equities, fixed income and all weather strategies
- Private Equity which focusses on making private market investments in technology, industrials, consumer and healthcare sector companies primarily in North America and Europe
- Infrastructure & Renewable Resources which focusses on opportunistic investments in infrastructure and renewable energy companies
- QuadReal Property Group is BCI's real estate investment vehicle, making core+, opportunistic and debt investments in real estate assets globally
Major Investments[edit | edit source]
GCT Global Container Terminals[edit | edit source]
Springs Window Fashions[edit | edit source]
Hayfin Capital Management LLP[edit | edit source]
BCI acquired a majority stake in London based credit focussed hedge fund in 2017 for an undisclosed amount
- In 2007, Delta Hotels, a luxury chain of hotels was acquired by BCI from Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, and eventually sold to Marriott Hotels in 2015
TimberWest Forest Corporation[edit | edit source]
- in 2011, BCI and PSP Investments acquired the Canadian publicly traded TimberWest Forest Corporation for $1.03 Billion in cash and debt in a take-private buyout transaction
References[edit | edit source]
- "2016 Annual report". BCIMC.
- "Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements of BCIMC - December 31, 2017". BCI.ca. February 8, 2018. p. 1.
- "BCIMC Homepage". Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "2017 Annual Report". BCIMC. May 26, 2017.
- Thompson, Jennifer (May 18, 2017). "Canada Pension Plan triples returns on global markets rally". ft.com.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
This article "BCIMC" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:BCIMC. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.