Belmont Club is a weblog that has been in existence since 28 April 2003. The site focuses on current affairs and public policy, often placing an emphasis on military action and foreign policy issues. The site's founder and primary contributor is Richard Fernandez, who previously used the pseudonym Wretchard the Cat. Fernandez also maintains a website at Wretchard.com. Fernandez is of Filipino extraction and holds Australian citizenship. Fernandez' interest in history began at Harvard, where he obtained a Master's degree in Public Policy.
ABC News's The Note reported a survey listing it as the 80th most influential political blog in the blogosphere, in June 2009. Since its founding, the Belmont Club site has generated more than eight million hits as of September 2005[update].
Wretchard is the name of an imaginary cat, in the words of Fernandez, "the symbol of that entire race of stoic, yet somewhat foolish creatures." Belmont is the name of a suburb Fernandez roomed in while at Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Fernandez, Richard. "Fernandez' personal web portal". Wretchard.Com Portal. Archived from the original on March 6, 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Fernandez, Richard ‘Wretchard’ (28 April 2003). "The primary function of the study of history…". Belmont Club. Blogger. Retrieved 5 Apr 2010.
- Allen-Mills, Tony; North, Andrew (July 10, 2005). "Downed US Seals may have got too close to Bin Laden". Times online. Sunday Times. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- Hewitt, Hugh (2004-06-17). "Black Blog Ops". Weekly Standard. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- Fernandez, Richard ‘Wretchard’ (10 July 2005). "The Belmont Club". The Belmont Club. Blogger. Archived from the original on 11 April 2010. Retrieved 5 Apr 2010. Unknown parameter
- "Who's who in the political blogosphere", The note, ABC, June 2009.
This article "Belmont Club" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Belmont Club. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.