Benjamin B. Cleofas Jr.
Benjamin B. Cleofas Jr. (born September 5, 1948), better known as Benjie Cleofas, is a former Filipino professional basketball player.
Benjie Cleofas played college basketball for the San Sebastian Stags, where he was captain of the team that played in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) from 1972 to 1973. He then moved on to play professionally for the YCO Painters of the Manila Industrial and Commercial Athletic Association and the Tanduay Rhum Masters. of the Philippine Basketball Association from 1976 to 1978. In 1977, he played for the Yanmar Diesel team and represented the Philippines in the inaugural William Jones Memorial Cup in Taiwan, wherein the Philippines finished fifth in the tournament
Benjie Cleofas is the elder brother of Ricardo Cleofas, who also played for the Tanduay Rhum Masters of the Philippine Basketball Association. His other notable teammates from the YCO Painters and the Tanduay Rhum Masters are Freddy Webb, Arturo Velenzona, Marte Samson and Egay Gomez.
- Dy, Richard. "Touching base with Rene Canent, first-ever PBA Players Association president". espn.com. ESPN. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- Alinea, Eddie. "PBA 45th Season theme: "Tayo Ang Bida"". manilatimes.net. The Manila Times. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- Henson, Joaquin. "All about the Jones Cup". philstar.com. The Philippine Star. Archived from the original on 2016-03-10. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- Henson, Joaquin. "Samson will never forget Munich". philstar.com. The Philippine Star. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- Alinea, Eddie. "Egay Gomez dies at 73". philboxing.com. PhilBoxing. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
This article "Benjamin B. Cleofas Jr." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Benjamin B. Cleofas Jr.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.