Bihawana Seminary or the Bihawana Junior Seminary is a Catholic seminary created by the Bihawana mission and located in Bihawana, Dodoma Region, Tanzania. The seminary is attached to the Catholic Church and also runs a secondary school Bihawana Secondary School.
The Bihawana mission was started by the Consolata Missionaries who arrived from Iringa and started working at Bihawana in 1933. The seminary is currently run by the Missionaries of the Precious Blood. As of 1997, the Secondary School was operated by the government of Tanzania.
The Secondary School associated with the seminary is a boarding institution.
The Seminary is among the institutions that provides fresh water to the surrounding community.
- Epimark, Urban (2 November 2017). "Minister calls for peace, union in the country". Daily News.
- "History of Archdiocese". dodomaarchdiocese.or.tz. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- Hongoke 1997, p. 310: '[The] Pugu and Bihawana [schools] have conventional science laboratories and were formerly owned by Catholic Missionaries before they were taken by the Government in the early 1970s'.
- Hongoke 1997, p. 309.
- Asafu, Thadeo (October 2016). Community Participation in Water Resources Governance in Semi-Arid Areas: A Case of Mbabala Ward, Dodoma Municipality (PDF) (MSc thesis). University of Dodoma. p. 35.
- Hongoke, Christine J. (1997). Educational Innovation in Developing Countries: The Case for Unified Science in Tanzania (PhD thesis). University of Manchester. ISBN 978-0-438-58021-3. ProQuest document number 2129696839.
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This seminary-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Tanzania school-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Bihawana Seminary" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bihawana Seminary. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.