Interview with Dr Bijan Zamani in 2018
|Other names||Dr Bijan Zamani|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Medical Doctor|
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
Bijan was born in 1989 in Iran. Zamani moved to London, England at the age of 14 to continue his study where he attended Lansdowne College. He began showing interest in web designing and programming and started making websites at the age of 15. Later he attended London South Bank University to study Computer Engineering. Zamani come from a family of doctors including his sister, brother and father who is a surgeon and he found the connection between medicine and technology interesting that led him to go to Medical School and study Medicine.
Career[edit | edit source]
In 2004, Zamani founded his first startup which was a security and server management company. In 2007, he founded Shorox, the first Iranian web portal website that won the "Website of The Year" prize at the Iran Web and Mobile Festival in 2008. The website now is inactive.  In 2011, Zamani founded MihanPezeshk, the first online medical care appointment booking and consultant service in Iran. It is used by more than 2,000,000 people per month and covers 25 out of 31 provinces in Iran.. In 2019, Zamani had significant coverage in the internet for his work for the past 12 years and had several interviews with Middle East's top news agencies, magazines and startup communities.
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
In 2008, Zamani won "Website of the Year" award at the 1st Iran Web and Mobile Festival.
In 2018, Zamani was named as top 30 innovator under the age of 30 by IranEntrepreneur.
References[edit | edit source]
This article "Bijan zamani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Biography of Bijan Zamani". Mehr News.
- "Bijan Zamani's Success Story as an Entrepreneur". Tehran Times Newspaper.
- "Digital Health Startup That Is Improving Healthcare". MehrNews.
- "Successful Iranian Entrepreneurs You Should Know About". TehranTimes.
- "Why Startups Fail and What You Can Learn From Them". IranNewsDaily.
- "Best Digital Healthcare Startups in Iran". Click.
- "Iran's 20 Under 20 2007". AseErtebat (Printed Weekly Archived).
- "Meet the first Iranian doctor programmer". ISNA.
- "Shorox Towards The Web Portal". Webna (Archive).
- "Bijan Zamani". Crunchbase.
- "Minister, We Don't Want Just a Slogan!". AsrIran.
- "Medical Informatics and Invesment Opportunities". Tabnak.
- "Leading Digital Healthcare Startups in MiddleEast". Salesdemy.
- "Healthcare Startups Deliver Real Value in Iran". IranNewspaper.
- "MihanPezeshk". Crunchbase.
- "A Suggestion for MihanPezeshk and Other Online Doctors Appointment Platforms". ArgaMagazine.
- "Dr. Bijan Zamani Founder of MihanPezeshk". Jamejam.
- "MihanPezeshk founder Dr. Bijan Zamani". TehranTimes.
- "Dr. Bijan Zamani talks about an easier way to find a doctor". MehrNews.
- "Interview With Young Entreprenuer Bijan Zamani". ILNA.
- "Bijan Zamani the founder of MihanPezeshk". AloDoctor.
- "MihanPezeshk in Iran Web and Mobile Festival". IranWebandMobileFestival.