Bitin' Off Hedz
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Players||2 to 8|
|Setup time||5 minutes|
|Playing time||60 minutes|
Search Bitin' Off Hedz on Amazon.
Bitin' Off Hedz is a board game produced by Cheapass Games for 2 to 8 players. The players take the role of dinosaurs, each ready to be the first to throw themselves into a volcano.
The game board is a mostly linear path across a Jurassic environment. In turn, each player rolls a single die and moves at least one space and at most that many spaces around the board. Certain spaces on the board have special actions that the user can take:
- If the space has a "Rock" symbol in it, or any number of "rock" tokens, the player can pick up a rock token to be used later.
- If the space is connected in a special manner to another space (generally in close proximity), and another player is in that other space, the current player can attempt to throw one of their accumulated rocks at the other player. A die roll is determined for a successful hit, and if hit, the other player is killed, dropping any rocks they accumulated to that point on that space, and return to the start. If the rock misses, a rock token is put on the space the other player presently occupies.
- If another player is in the space the player ends his turn him, the current player can opt to 'bite off the head' of the other player. This player returns to the starting point, dropping any rocks they accumulated to that point.
- Bog spaces reduce the rate of movement for the next turn if they are landed in.
- Two special points on the board have divergent paths, and the player can opt which one they want to take. One such junction includes a path that takes a shortcut over water but requires the player to 'fly', and to be able to move the water spaces in a single roll; if they are unable to do this, the player dies and returns to the start.
At the end of any roll, a player may opt to drop a rock they have accumulated to gain an extra roll of the die for movement
The winner of the game is the first one to make an exact roll to land in the volcano in the middle of the board.
A variation of the game includes the use of different species of dinosaurs and other animals with different movement rates, rock carrying capacities, and other abilities.
- Cheapass Games' Bitin' Off Hedz product page
Bitin' Off Hedz at BoardGameGeek
This article "Bitin' Off Hedz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bitin' Off Hedz. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.