Black Shell Games
Computer and video games
|Headquarters 🏙️||San Francisco, California, USA|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Video Games|
Number of employees
|Parent||Black Shell Media LLC|
Black Shell Games is an American video game developer founded in December 2012, and is a subsidiary of Black Shell Media LLC. Black Shell Games' first commercial project was SanctuaryRPG, a downloadable game for Windows which was released on April 29, 2014. SanctuaryRPG fared well critically, with game review sites such as Destructoid praising the game for its humorous style and fun dungeon-crawling gameplay.
Following their initial release of SanctuaryRPG, they started working on Overture (video game), an action-adventure roguelike released for Windows on January 1, 2015. Hardcore Gamer's Jahanzeb Khan praised the developer's initial price point and responsiveness of the development process by stating, "not only is it one of the cheaper Steam releases, but it’s also one that is almost constantly updated with fixes and new content," continuing with, "this type of reactive development certainly helps Overture and the reputation of its developer, Black Shell Games."
On December 13, 2014, the standalone expansion to SanctuaryRPG was revealed to be in Early Access bearing the name SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition. The game has been officially released on February 13, 2015 on both GOG.com and the Steam platform.
Black Shell Games has been met with controversy due to connections with its parent company (Black Shell Media LLC). The publisher was met with numerous allegations from online message boards in regards to their questionable business practices.
|Game Title||Release Date||Platform|
|SanctuaryRPG||April 29, 2014||Windows|
|Overture (video game)||January 1, 2015||Windows|
|SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition||February 13, 2015||Windows|
|TeraBlaster||July 10, 2015||Windows|
- Hancock, Patrick (Jul 17, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG is now available and name-your-own-price!". Destructoid. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Reinhard, Bob (Mar 15, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG: Interview". ArtistryInGames. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Khan, Jahanzeb (Feb 9, 2015). "Review: Overture". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Savage, Phil (Dec 18, 2014). "SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition is a first-person roguelike on Early Access". PC Gamer. Retrieved Feb 13, 2014.
- "RELEASE: SANCTUARY RPG: BLACK EDITION". GOG.com. Feb 13, 2015. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
- Khan, Jahanzeb (Feb 13, 2015). "SanctuaryRPG Black Edition Launches on Steam". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved Feb 13, 2015.
|30px||This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Black Shell Games" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Black Shell Games. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.