Buhay San Miguel
|Buhay San Miguel|
|Publisher(s)||Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines|
|Genre(s)||Comedy, Roman Catholic|
Search Buhay San Miguel on Amazon.Buhay San Miguel is a weekly comedy and religious comic strip created by the Brothers Matias.
According to the National Library of the Philippines, Ian T. Matias and his father published the Ang Sampung Utos: Buhay San Miguel at the Paulines Publishing House. Ang Sampung Utos: Buhay San Miguel is a comic book that aims to catechize young people about God's commandments through visuals and story lines will be launched at Manila International Book Fair on Sept. 18.
There are two main characters and are nine supporting characters of the Buhay San Miguel comic strips.
- Francisco - an obedient and smart sacristan at San Miguel Parish
- Fr. Jose Domingo - a loving and serving parish priest at San Miguel Parish
- Sis. Maria Agustin – a contemplative nun, who is good in praying and meditating
- Aling Petra – mother of Francisco. She is nice, good, and prayerful, but many superstitions
- Julianna – youngest sister of Francisco, who loves to be famous and celebrity
- Benedicto – youngest sacristan at San Miguel Parish and friend of Francisco; he is cheerful, but lack of smartness and talents
- Don Pedro – a businessman, who is loyal to his family, however, loves riches such as money
- Aling Rosa – a sick widow, who has a strong and practical in Christian faith
- Don Simon – a cheerful mayor in Brgy San Miguel, who loves power
- Mang Rudy – a poor person who mocks people and the whole world
- Kapitan Ruben – a retired policeman, who is quarrelsome, but has a strong and zealous in Christian faith
- Bishop Benedicto – an old bishop, who once visits the San Miguel Parish to meet Fr. Jose
The objective is to be able to explain in a light-hearted manner, the 'very serious' topic of understanding the Ten Commandments. Perhaps, not many Catholics are taking it seriously, or do not find any relation to it in their lives," Jesus N. Matias said of the comic book dubbed "Buhay San Miguel – Ang Sampung Utos.”
The San Miguel Parish is the mostly the setting:place in the comic strip.
- "National Library of the Philippines Online Public Access Catalog Catalog – ISBD". koha.nlp.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "Ang Sampung Utos Buhay San Miguel". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "'10 Commandments comic book' to be launched". CBCP News. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "Daanin sa komiks: '10 Commandments' comic book to be launched Sept 18 – Politiko Metro Manila". Politiko Metro Manila. September 4, 2016. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
This article "Buhay San Miguel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Buhay San Miguel. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.