cTrader is an electronic trading platform used by multiple retail foreign exchange brokers. The software is licensed by brokers and provided to its clients (end users) as downloadable or web applications. With cTrader users can manage their accounts, place orders, view orders history, see real-time price data or historical charts of financial instruments and perform technical analysis.
cTrader can perform four different times of orders. The trading platform can execute market, limit, stop and stop limit orders. These order types can by used to limit your risk. cTrader allow you to modify your orders at any time before they have been executed.
There are several cTrader applications for different platforms:
- cTrader Desktop - desktop application for Windows.
- cTrader Web - a web application.
- cTrader Mobile - application for iOS and Android platforms.
cTrader also provide multiple APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) which allows end users to receive data and place orders using different programming languages:
- cTrader Automate - cTrader Automate allows creating Automated Trading Systems (called cBots) and technical indicators that can be used in cTrader Desktop. It uses .Net Framework and C# programming language for development. And also has an integration with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE using an extension for Visual Studio.
- FIX Protocol - FIX Protocol is an industry standard protocol for trade execution. It is driven by a non-profit FIX Trading Community organization. cTrader was the first platform that introduced FIX Protocol built-in into retail trading platform.
- cTrader Open API - uses Protocol Buffer, which allows using this API from different programming languages. cTrader Open API can be used to develop Automated Trading Strategies or third party services.
Based on security research "Are You Trading Stocks Securely?" published on August 7, 2018, cTrader platform was among the most secure trading platforms.
- "cTrader Review". ForexBrokers.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "cTrader Review – Forex Products Reviews | DailyForex.com". www.dailyforex.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- cTrade order types. Daytrading.com. Accessed on May 31, 2022.
- Ltd, Spotware Systems. "Spotware Public Beta | Try cTrader Open Beta | Spotware". Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Spotware cTrader". App Store. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Spotware cTrader (Public Beta) - Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- Ltd, Spotware Systems. "cTrader Automate | All-inclusive Algorithmic Trading | Spotware". Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "cBots and Custom Indicators - Visual Studio Marketplace". marketplace.visualstudio.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Financial Information eXchange", Wikipedia, 2019-01-25, retrieved 2019-02-07
- "All About Forex Trading - cTrader FIX API Connector. The Benefits! How to adjust?". iticsoftware.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "API Reference 2.0 | Spotware Connect". connect.spotware.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Spotware Rolls Out cTrader Open API 2.0 | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2019-01-08. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Winners of the London Summit 2018 Awards Just Announced! | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- Hernandez, Alejandro (August 7, 2018). "Are You Trading Stocks Securely? Exposing Security Flaws in Trading Technologies" (PDF). https://ioactive.com/. External link in
This article "CTrader" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CTrader. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.