Cahill's Farm Cheese
|Cahill's Farm Cheese|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Source of milk||Cows|
|Weight||200g, 400g, 1.1kg, 2.2kg|
|Named after||Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 446: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|[[Commons:Category:Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 446: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). |Related media on Wikimedia Commons]]|
Cahill's Farm Cheese is handmade Cheddar cheese from Newcastlewest County Limerick in Ireland. Cheese has been made on the Cahill family farm since the 1950s, but it was not until 1986 that Cahill's began commercial cheese production.
Products[edit | edit source]
All products are made from vintage cheddar cheese and blended with an added flavour 
- Ballintubber Cheese with Chives - a black waxed cheese flavoured with fresh chives
- Ballyporeen Cheese with Mixed Irish Herbs - a green waxed cheese flavoured with fresh mixed herbs
- Ardagh Chalice Wine Cheese - a red waxed cheese veined with red wine, revived from an old Limerick Palatine recipe
- Plain Porter Cheese - a brown waxed cheese flavoured with Guinness
- Whiskey Cheese - a yellow waxed cheese flavoured with Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey
Awards[edit | edit source]
Cahill's Cheeses has won international acclaim and numerous awards.
- In 2014, Cahill's Ballinwood Smoked Cheddar won the Bronze medal for a smoked cheese at the Irish Cheese Awards.
- In 2015, Cahill's Farm Cheese won a gold medal at the 118th annual International Cheese Awards held in Nantwich, Cheshire.
- In 2017, Cahill's Farm Cheese won a silver medal for its Vintage Cheddar at the international Mondial du Fromage event held at the Vinci International Congress Centre in Tours, France. 
References[edit | edit source]
- About Cahills Farm Cheese
- Irish Times: Inside Track: Helen Cahill of Cahill’s Farmhouse Cheese
- Glynn Anderson; John McLaughlin (2011). Farmhouse Cheeses of Ireland: A Celebration. Collins Press. pp. 306–308. ISBN 978-1-84889-121-0.
- Margaret M. Johnson (2003). The New Irish Table: 70 Contemporary Recipes. Chronicle Books. p. 17. ISBN 978-0-8118-3387-5.
- Guide to Irish Cheese (Bord Bia website)
- Big Wins for 14 Irish Cheeses at International Cheese Awards
- Fourteen Irish cheeses honoured at International Cheese Awards
- Irish cheesemakers win big at ‘elite’ international event
- Limerick farm cheese wins silver at international exhibition
[edit | edit source]
- Official website of Cahill's Farm Cheese
- Minister visits Cahill's Cheese
- Cahill's Farm Cheese details
|This cheese-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Cahill's Farm Cheese" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cahill's Farm Cheese. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.