Spear with the Cleveland Browns
|Born:||January 5, 1992|
Mayfield Village, Ohio
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Search Carey Spear on Amazon.
Carey Spear (born January 5, 1992) is an American football kicker who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the Vanderbilt Commodores.
Carey Thomas Spear is the son of Tom and Theresa Spear, and has two brothers, Charley and Colin. His father is a business manager and his mother is an electrical engineer. Spear attended Mayfield High School, where he played football.
Spear played his college football at Vanderbilt University, serving three terms as captain. In his junior year, he completed a school-record 20 field goals on 24 attempts, and was named to the All-SEC second team. In his senior year, he made 15 field goals on 19 attempts and averaged 60.6 yards per kickoff. 
Spear signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent on May 10, 2014, then released him on August 23, 2014.
In 2014 Spear was rated by EA Sports, the makers of Madden NFL 15, as the hardest hitting kicker in the history of the video game franchise. According to the game's developers, Spear has a hit power of 73.
Spear signed with the Cleveland Browns on December 30, 2014 They released him on September 1, 2015.
- Podolski, Mark (December 30, 2014). "Cleveland Browns sign Mayfield graduate Carey Spear". The News-Herald. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- "Carey Spear Bio - Vanderbilt Official Athletic Site". vucommodores.com.
- "Eagles Sign 15 Rookie Free Agents". Philadelphia Eagles News. May 10, 2014. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- BR Studios. "Meet Carey Spear, Hardest Hitting Kicker in Madden History". Bleacher Report.
- "Cleveland Browns". news-herald.com.
This article "Carey Spear" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.