Carlos Alejaldre (Zaragoza, Spain, 1952) is a Spanish scientist working on nuclear fusion research. After obtaining a degree in Physics from the University of Saragosse(Spain), he earned a PhD from the Polytechnic Institute of New York. He was the technical director of the ITER site proposal in Vandellos (Spain) (2001-2003)
- Director “Laboratorio Nacional de Fusion”, CIEMAT, Spain (1992-2004)
- Director General of Technological Policy, Ministry of Science and Education, Spain (2004-2006)
- Deputy Director General, ITERInternational Organization, Cadarache, France (2006-2015)
- Executive Director Comission for the Implementation of IFMIF-DONES in Spain (2016-)
- Member of the Joint European TorusScientific Council (1996-2000).
- Chairman of the Science and Technology Advisory Committee of the European Fusion Programme (1999-2006).
- Member of the Max-Planck Institute for Plasma PhysicsAdvisory Board (“Fachbeirat”) (2002-2008).
- Member of the United Kingdom Engineering and Research Council Fusion Advisory Board (2004-2012).
- Vice Chairman of the European Strategic Forum for Research Infrastructures (2006)
- Chairman of the Spanish Advisory Committee for Large Scientific and Technical Infrastructures (2016-)
Decorated with the “Encomienda” of the Order “Isabel la Católica” (2003) and the “Encomienda con Placa” of the Order “Alfonso X el Sabio “(2007).
Research award“Carlos Sanchez del Río” from the Spanish Nuclear Society (2016)
Burning Times for Hot Fusion. Scientific American 282, 19 (2000). https://www.nature.com/scientificamerican/journal/v282/n3/index.html
Fusion nucléaire: le puzzle d’ITER. https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/fusion-nucleaire-puzzle-diter
Y. Wu… C. Alejaldre et al. Identification of safety gaps for fusion demonstration reactors. Nature Energy volume 1, Article number: 16154 (2016). doi:10.1038/nenergy.2016.154
C. Alejaldre; et al. "First plasmas in the TJ-II Flexible Heliac". https://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/csp_001c/pdf/ex2_4.pdf
C. Alejaldre. Stellarators. 1996 Phys. World 9 25 https://doi.org/10.1088/2058-7058/9/10/20
A 20-year Vision for the UK Contribution to Fusion as an Energy Source. https://epsrc.ukri.org/newsevents/pubs/20yearvisionfusionenergy/
This article "Carlos Alejaldre" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Carlos Alejaldre. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.