Type of site
|Key people||Alex Chan|
|Employees||11-50 (See LinkedIn entry)|
|Alexa rank||14,696 (March 2018)|
CelebrityNetWorth is a website which reports estimates of the total assets and financial activities of celebrities. It is operated by the company Corte Lodato LLC, founded by CEO Brian Warner in 2008.
Activities[edit | edit source]
CelebrityNetWorth creates web pages that list a celebrity's name, biography, and estimates of net worth and salary. The site calculates net worth by "applying a proprietary algorithm" based on publicly available information and using financial analysts to review such results.
CEO Brian Warner has said of their estimates that "If we end up too far off, there is always some kind of backlash. There have been a handful cases when we’ve been proved to be off, and we’ve corrected it."
The site provide news articles on financial transactions of celebrities such as the purchase of a home or lawsuits.
CelebrityNetWorth creates lists ranking wealthy individuals based upon their wealth. In 2012 the company compiled a list of the 25 richest people in history, adjusted for inflation, naming King Mansa Musa of the Mali Empire at the top of the list. That same year, it created a list of the world’s richest DJs, and a survey which named Ringo Starr as the world’s richest drummer.
References[edit | edit source]
- "CelebrityNetWorth.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "Celebrity Net Worth". Celebrity Net Worth. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "How Google ate CelebrityNetWorth.com".
- meredithqz (March 18, 2015). "Seven questions with the CEO who gets paid to know what every celebrity is worth". Quartz. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- "Who's The Richest Person In History?". NPR. October 16, 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Erik Ortiz (October 18, 2012). "King Mansa Musa of Mali named richest person of all time". New York Daily News. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Mansa Musa of Mali Named World's Richest Man of All Time; Gates And Buffet Also Make List". Huffington Post. October 17, 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Website names obscure 14th century African king the richest person in history". FOX News. October 17, 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Tom Breihan (June 12, 2012). "The 30 Richest DJs In The World". StereoGum. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Steve Chagollan (January 28, 2014). "Ringo Starr Talks Paul, Meditation and Why He Loves L.A." Variety. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
This article "CelebrityNetWorth" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage CelebrityNetWorth/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.