Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Born: August 29, 1986|
San Francisco, California
Search Charlie Cutler on Amazon.
Charles Caleb Cutler (born July 29, 1986) is an American professional baseball catcher who is a free agent.
In college, he played college baseball for the University of California Berkeley. He then played in the minor league systems of the St. Louis Cardinals, Pittsburgh Pirates, Chicago Cubs and Anaheim Angels. Cutler, who is Jewish, played on the Israeli national baseball team during the qualifying round of the 2013 World Baseball Classic, and again played for Israel at the 2017 World Baseball Classic qualifier.
Cutler was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 14th round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut that season playing for the Batavia Muckdogs (New York Penn League). He spent 2008-2012 seasons in the St. Louis Cardinals organization.
The Pittsburgh Pirates picked him up in the 2012 Rule 5 Player Draft where he played for the Altoona Curve for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
Cutler played the 2014 season with the Tennessee Smokies, the AA Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. He signed a minor league deal with the Los Angeles Angels before the 2014 season. He was invited to 2015 Spring Training. Cutler was released by the Salt Lake Bees in July 2015.
In 2016, Cutler signed a contract with the Lancaster Barnstormers.
Israel national team
Cutler, who is Jewish, played on the Israeli national baseball team during the qualifying round of the 2013 World Baseball Classic. Cutler was the starting catcher in all three games, while batting eighth. In the opening game against South Africa Cutler picked up 2 hits with 3 RBIs in his 3 at bats. During the second game, Cutler went hitless in his 4 at bats. During the third and final Cutler went 1 for 3 while scoring a run and picking up a walk.
Cutler again played for Israel at the 2017 World Baseball Classic qualifier. Cutler's only appearance in the tournament was in the third and final game, against Great Britain, where he pinch hit for Ike Davis, and got a hit and 2 RBIs, in his 2 at bats. In the eighth inning Cutler got both his RBIs on a double, scoring the last runs of the game, making it 9-1.
In February 2017 it was announced that Cutler would once again be on the roster for the main tournament.
- All City Varsity Baseball Team 2003-2004. Academic Athletic Association. (Retrieved May 23, 2017)
- All City Varsity Baseball Team 2004-2005. Academic Athletic Association. (Retrieved May 23, 2017)
- Charlie Cutler Stats, Highlights, Bio | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
- BaseballAmerica.com: Stats: Charlie Cutler
- Tennessee Walks Off With 5-4 Win Friday – Cubs Chronicles
- Angels sign two pitchers, two catchers to minor league deals - LA Times
- Angels Invite 20 Non-Roster Players to Spring Training - Halos Heaven
- Charlie Cutler | Jewish Baseball News
- Charlie Cutler | Lancaster Barnstormers
- Barancik, Scott (September 14, 2012). "It's here: Team Israel reveals its roster". Jewish Baseball News. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- Israel vs South Africa
- Israel vs Spain
- Spain vs Israel
- ROSTERS FOR WBC QUALIFIER IN BROOKLYN
- Great Britain vs Israel
- Israel Victorious in WBC Qualifier
- Israel brings MLB experience to 1st WBC main draw
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
This article "Charlie Cutler" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Charlie Cutler. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.