Chartered Wealth Manager
Chartered Wealth Manager (CWM) is a finance certification for wealth management professionals and banking professionals. The credential was formerly offered by the American Academy of Financial Management and currently by the Global Academy of Finance and Management, whose International Board of Standards has requirements that include an accredited degree, relevant experience, assessment, and abiding by the organizational ethics and continuing education. The program was established by the Academy in 1998 in the United States.
The specific requirements for certification included:
- passing courses in finance and wealth management from an accredited business school including courses in finance, taxation, banking, economics. estate planning, retirement planning, financial planning investments, and professionalism & ethics;
- two years of relevant work experience or an MBA or graduate law degree.
- holding an accredited Bachelor’s degree;
- abiding by the organization's professional ethics.
- waivers are granted to those with accredited business school degree education and assessment.
Once certified, the CWM was required to maintain membership in GAFM and complete 15 hours of continuing education annually.
The CWM certification is intended for wealth managers in the brokerage, hedge fund, mutual fund, ETF, banking and insurance industry. Thus the credential is specifically for bankers, insurance professionals, brokers, research analysts, lawyers, CPAs', investment bankers and those in the banking and financial industry.
The GAFM is ESQ accredited in Europe, and is an ISO 21001 certified educational body. 
The GAFM International Board of Standards is a charter signatory of the CHEA Council of Higher Education Standards agreement. 
The GAFM has an accreditation agreement with the ACBSP where graduates of over 1000 business schools may achieve certification by taking accredited courses and exams. 
- "Recognition - Global Academy of Finance & Management". www.gafm.com. Retrieved 2020-10-02.
- "CHEA/CIQG Memorandum of Affiliation | Council for Higher Education Accreditation". www.chea.org. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- ACBSP. "ACBSP GAFM Standards Agreement". ACBSP Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Unknown parameter
- [GAFM Global Academy of Finance and Management http://www.gafm.com]
This article "Chartered Wealth Manager" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chartered Wealth Manager. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.