December 24, 1986|
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
Las Vegas Wranglers
Search Chris Kushneriuk on Amazon.
Chris Kushneriuk (born December 24, 1986) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player and cancer survivor. He is currently an unrestricted free agent who last played with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
Kushneriuk played NCAA Division I hockey with both the Wayne State Warriors and the Robert Morris Colonials. In his junior season he was recognized for his outstanding play when he was named to the 2009–10 All-CHA Second Team.
On March 4, 2011, Kushneriuk began his professional hockey career when he signed with the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL. He stayed with the Nailers until December 4, 2011, when he was traded to the Bakersfield Condors in exchange for defenceman Adam Ross. On June 26, 2012, the Condors signed Kushneriuk to an extension to keep him with the team through to the end of the 2012–13 ECHL season, but prior to the start of the new season he was diagnosed testicular cancer and unwent both chemotherapy and surgical procedures to battle the cancer.
By February 2014, Kushneriuk reported he was cancer free and was cleared to once again play hockey. On March 5, 2014, Kushneriuk resumed his professional career when he suited up with the Las Vegas Wranglers in a game against the Idaho Steelheads.
On July 17, 2014, Kushneriuk joined his fourth ECHL club, signing as a free agent on a one-year contract with the Florida Everblades.
Awards and honours
|All-CHA Second Team||2009–10|||
- Chris Kushneriuk | Hockey 2010–11 | Senior CLASS Award
- Bemidji State Prominent on All-CHA Teams :: USCHO.com :: U.S. College Hockey Online
- LasVegasWranglers.com – Wranglers Sign Former Condor Chris Kushneriuk Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- A Rumble With the Royals; Titans Getting Better
- Pender and Kushneriuk Make Plans for 2012–13 in Condorstown – BakersfieldCondors.com
- Commentary: Kushneriuk’s cancer battle touches Robert Morris community :: USCHO.com :: U.S. College Hockey Online
- Hockey community rallied around Chris Kushneriuk's cancer battle – NHL.com – NHL Insider
- After beating cancer, Ottawa hockey player Chris Kushneriuk looks to resume his career Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "'Blades add forward Chris Kushneriuk". Florida Everblades. 2014-07-17. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- College Hockey News: 2010 All-CHA Teams
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or ESPN.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Chris Kushneriuk" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.