Christophe de Dinechin
|Christophe de Dinechin|
|Known for||XL programming language|
HP Integrity Virtual Machines
Programming languages[edit | edit source]
The designer of the XL programming language and associated concept programming methodology, de Dinechin also contributed to C++, notably a high-performance exception handling implementation that became a de facto standard in the industry. de Dinechin was one of the proponents of a portable C++ ABI, initially developed for Itanium, but now widely used across platforms.
Video games[edit | edit source]
As initial developer of Alpha Waves, a "groundbreaking" Atari ST game (probably the first 3D platform game), de Dinechin heavily influenced Frederick Raynal, the main developer of Alone in the Dark. de Dinechin also wrote a few viral games for HP-48 calculators, and was the first person to take advantage of hardware-scrolling on these machines.
Operating systems design[edit | edit source]
In the early 2000s, he worked as a software architect for HP-UX, and was the initial designer of HP's virtualisation platform for Itanium servers, HP Integrity Virtual Machines. He was awarded 10 US patents for this work.
Other work[edit | edit source]
Christophe de Dinechin did the initial port of Emacs to the Aqua user interface. He wrote a variety of open-source drivers for the HP DE200C Digital Entertainment Center, turning it from a web-connected CD Player into a true digital video recorder.
Christophe de Dinechin is currently CEO of Taodyne, a company that develops a 3D animation tool, using his XL programming language to describe dynamic documents.
References[edit | edit source]
- de Dinechin, Christophe (October 2000). "C++ exception handling for IA-64" (PDF). IEEE Concurrency. ACM. 8 (4): 72–79. doi:10.1109/4434.895109. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Bocci, Andrea (1 April 2004). "Exception Handling How To". Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "C++ ABI Summary". Mentor Graphics. March 2001. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Loguidice, Bill; Barton, Matt (2009). Vintage Games: An Insider Look at the History of Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario, and the Most Influential Games of All Time. Taylor & Francis. p. 6. ISBN 9780240811468.
- "Lemmings for HP-48". HPCalc.org. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "PacMan for HP-48". HPCalc.org. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Interview de Paul Courbis". HP-Network.com. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Loli, Eugenia (8 July 2003). "Interview with Christophe de Dinechin, HP-UX Engineer". OSNews. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "US Patents citing Christophe de Dinechin as an inventor". US Patent Office. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Emacs on Aqua". SourceForge. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Drivers for the HP DE200C". Grenouille Bouillie. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Taodyne's Team page". Taodyne. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Christophe de Dinechin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Christophe de Dinechin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.