Comparison of online charity donation services in the United Kingdom
The page is a comparison of notable online charity donation services in the UK.
|Donation service||Profit-making Activity?||Commission||Card Processing Fee||Other Fees||Source|
|CAF Online||Yes||3.6%, 3.0% with CAF Bank account, including on Gift Aid||£0||£0|||
|JustGiving||Yes||5%, including on Gift Aid||£0.13||£15+VAT/month|||
|Localgiving||No||5%, including on Gift Aid||1% +10p||£60+VAT/year|||
|BT MyDonate||No||0%||1.3% credit card, 15p debit card||None|||
|PayPal||Unknown||1.4% (on domestic donations to non-profits)||£0.20||None|||
|The Big Give||No||4%, including on Gift Aid||£0||None|||
|Virgin Money Giving||No||2%, excluding Gift Aid||£0.16||£150+VAT start-up fee|||
The table below gives examples of the various transaction fees for a £10 donation using each organisation, assuming they claim back the tax for the charity using gift aid. (Charities may also be charged set-up fees and monthly fees as detailed above.)
|BT MyDonate||Justgiving||Virgin Money Giving||PayPal||Localgiving||The Big Give|
|Tax reclaimed (Gift Aid)||£2.50||£2.50||£2.50||£0.00 (Charities may reclaim directly with HMRC)||£2.50||£2.50|
|Commission||None||£0.625 (= 5% of 10 + 2.5)||£0.20 (= 2% of 10)||£0.14 (=1.4% of 10)||£0.625 (= 5% of 10 + 2.5)||£0.50|
|Card processing fee||£0.15||£0.13||£0.16||£0.20||£0.20||£0.00|
|Charity receives||£12.35||£11.75||£12.14||£9.66 (£12.16 including directly reclaimed Gift Aid)||£11.68||£12.00|
- IStreet Giving
- "CAF Charities Aid Foundation". CAF Charities Aid Foundation.
- "JustGiving for Charities. Pricing and joining". JustGiving. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Localgiving - Our fees". Localgiving. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "BT MyDonate - Find out more". BT Group. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- "Accept donations through PayPal". PayPal. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Our fees". The Big Give. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Cost of fundraising and registering your charity with us". Virgin Money Giving. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
This article "Comparison of online charity donation services in the United Kingdom" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Comparison of online charity donation services in the United Kingdom. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.