Cornerstone Housing Co-operative Limited
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 611: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|Headquarters 🏙️||Chapeltown, Leeds, England|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Cornerstone Housing Co-operative is a 15-member housing co-operative in Chapeltown, Leeds, England. The co-operative owns two neighbouring Victorian houses purchased in 1993 and 1995.
As a fully-mutual housing co-operative Cornerstone is owned and democratically controlled by its members who are also its tenants. Rather than setting a fixed rent price the co-operative sets a price proportionate to each member's incomes.
Cornerstone is home to Footprint Workers Co-operative (see below) and is a member of Radical Routes, a network of radically minded co-operatives in the United Kingdom.
Footprint Workers Co-operative
Footprint Workers Co-operative is a worker-owned printing co-operative based in one of Cornerstone's houses and is closely tied with Cornerstone. The co-operative was established in 1997 and began trading as a printers in 2000 producing zines, books, posters, and leaflets. Footprint is a member of Radical Routes and prints Radical Routes' literature.
- Elzenbaumer, Bianca; Franz, Fabio (November 2018). "Footprint: A radical workers co-operative and its ecology of mutual support". Ephemera. 18 (4): 791–804.
- "Leeds housing focus: The co-operative solution to affordable housing woes". Yorkshire Evening Post. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Your Stories: Living in a co-op..." BBC Leeds. 20 July 2009. Retrieved 6 April 2021. Unknown parameter
- Rampen, Julia (19 June 2015). "No landlord, no debt and cheap rent - but what's it really like living in a co-op?". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 6 April 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Cornerstone (Leeds)". Radical Routes. Retrieved 2021-04-06. Unknown parameter
- Desiderio, Elise (1 December 2008). "Footprints for change". Peace News. Retrieved 6 April 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Footprint (Leeds)". Radical Routes. Retrieved 2021-04-06. Unknown parameter
This article "Cornerstone Housing Co-operative" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cornerstone Housing Co-operative. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.