|Founders 👔||Inaki Berenguer |
|Headquarters 🏙️||New York City|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Errors & Omissions Insurance, Liability Insurance, Commercial Property Insurance, Workers' Compensation Insurance, General Liability Insurance|
Number of employees
|101 - 250|
CoverWallet is an online commercial insurance platform that aims to make insurance easy for small businesses. The company takes a digital-first approach to commercial insurance to help business owners understand their risks.
CoverWallet, based in New York City and co-founded in 2015 by Inaki Berenguer and Rashmi Melgiri, is backed by venture capital firms including Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Index Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures and has raised more than $30 million. Starr Cos, an insurance and investment firm run by Maurice R. Greenberg, acquired a minority stake in CoverWallet in July 2017.
In February 2018, CoverWallet launched internationally in Europe through a partnership with Zurich Insurance Group, and Spain was the first country to gain access to the platform. In June 2018, Zurich Insurance Group invested in the company. 
CoverWallet launched a B2B platform for agents and carriers in May 2018 to provide real-time quoting, underwriting, binding and billing, and The Hanover was the first to use the platform.
In 2018, CoverWallet was named to CNBC's Upstart 100, a list that recognizes the most promising young startups around the world, and it was also recognized as Startup of the Year in 2018 in the Business Services Industry by the Stevie Awards. In 2017, CoverWallet was listed on the global FinTech 100 by KPMG, In 2016, it was recognized by Entrepreneur on its annual Entrepreneur 360 list that highlights the most entrepreneurial companies in the U.S.
- Lynley, Matthew. "CoverWallet looks to make it easy for businesses to get commercial insurance", TechCrunch, 26 June 2018. Retrieved on 9 August 2018.
- Barzilay, Omri. "NYC Emerges As The Capital Of Insurtech", Forbes, 30 August 2017. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- Elstein, Aaron. "A newbie to commercial insurance wants to disrupt the industry", Crain's New York Business, 6 December 2017. Retrieved on 9 August 2018.
- Simpson, Andrew. "Insurtech CoverWallet Secures $18.5 Million to Expand Small Business Insurance Platform", Insurance Journal, 12 October 2017. Retrieved on 9 August 2018.
- Scism, Leslie. "Hank Greenberg’s Starr Buys Stake in CoverWallet", The Wall Street Journal, 18 July 2017. Retrieved on 9 August 2018.
- "Zurich, Insurtech Startup CoverWallet Offer End-to-End Insurance for SMEs", Insurance Journal, 16 February 2018. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- "Zurich Insurance Group First Half 2018 Earnings", Zurich Insurance Group, 9 August 2018. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- Santana, Danni. "The Hanover partners with insurtech CoverWallet on business insurance", Digital Insurance, 18 May 2018. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- "CNBC Upstart 100" CNBC. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "2018 Startup of the Year - Business Services Industries", The Stevie Awards. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- KPMG. "2017 FinTech 100". Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
- "2016 Entrepreneur 360 List", Entrepreneur. Retrieved on 6 September 2018.
This article "CoverWallet" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CoverWallet. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.