Crypto Valley refers to a concentration of digital finance and FinTech companies based in the Swiss region of Zug,[not in citation given] incentivized by low corporate tax rates and public policy openness to innovation of future technologies.
The name crypto valley was coined in 2014, when Ethereum moved its base of operations there just before its ICO. Ethereum's financial success quickly created an ecosystem of supporting services, as well as attracting other cryptocurrencies. In 2017, the Crypto Valley Association was formed which as of 2018 has 400 member companies. In June 2018 the first Crypto Valley Conference attracted 800 attendees and speakers from around the world.
- Büsser, Harry (1 Jan 2016). "Wie Blockchains die Finanzwelt umkrempeln". Bilanz (in Deutsch).
- Wolfensberger, K. (Sep 20, 2016). "Wird Blockchain die Banken wegfegen?". 20 Minuten (in Deutsch).
- Skinner, Barnaby (Sep 27, 2015). "Geldrevolution am Zugersee". Tages-Anzeiger (in Deutsch). ISSN 1422-9994.
- Brenna Hughes Neghaiwi, (Sep 8, 2016) "Low tax Zug aims to become Switzerland's 'Crypto Valley'"Reuters
- Erich Aschwanden, (Jun 19, 2016) "Internet-Unternehmer: Unterwegs im «Crypto Valley»”Neue Zürcher Zeitung (NZZ)
- David Meyer, (May 9, 2016) "Why a Swiss Tax Haven is Embracing Bitcoin”Fortune
- Williams-Grut, Oscar (2018-07-02). "Here's what it's like to visit 'Crypto Valley' — Switzerland's picturesque blockchain version of Silicon Valley". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Home". Crypto Valley Association. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- kpa and dpa, (May 10, 2016) "Schweizer Stadt akzeptiert Bitcoins als Zahlungsmittel" Der Spiegel
- bus and sda, (Jul 1, 2016) "Zuger können jetzt mit Bitcoins zahlen"20 Minuten
- pd, sda and chg, (Jul 1, 2016) "Stadt Zug testet Bezahlung mit Bitcoin"Neue Luzerner Zeitung
- Christian Uhlig, (Jul 1, 2016) "Alpine 'Crypto Valley' pays with Bitcoins"Deutsche Welle (DW)
- Jamey Keaten, (May 11, 2016) "Seen as global first, Swiss town to accept bitcoin payments" Phys.org
- Ernst Meier, (retrieved Oct 13, 2016) "Neues Geld kämpft um Akzeptanz"Neue Luzerner Zeitung
- Christian Uhlig, (Jun 30, 2016) "Crypto Valley in den Alpen" Deutsche Welle (DW)
- sda, (Jul 1, 2016) "Erste Bitcoin-Zahlung im Stadthaus Zug" Neue Luzerner Zeitung
- fal, (May 10, 2016) "Zug setzt als weltweit erste Stadt auf Bitcoin"20 Minuten
- Stan Higgins, (May 9, 2016) "Swiss City to Accept Bitcoin Payments for Government Services"CoinDesk
|This cryptography-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Switzerland-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Crypto Valley" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Crypto Valley. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.