|Born||January 24, 1965|
Waterford, Ohio, United States
|📆 Years active||1984–present|
Damian Lang (born January 24, 1965) is an American mason contractor and entrepreneur. He is the founder of Lang Masonry & Restoration, EZG Manufacturing, Wolf Creek Contracting and Malta Dynamics. In 2018, he was inducted into the Masonry Hall of Fame by the Mason Contractors Association of America in recognition of his contribution to the field of masonry.
Born and raised in Waterford, Ohio, Lang started his career as a laborer. He started his own masonry company, Lang Masonry (now Lang Masonry & Restoration), in 1984, after borrowing US$800 to buy a pickup truck. The company initially operated on residential basements and brick houses, making use of 55-gallon drums and pine boards for scaffolding. He then created two products, Grout Hog and Mud Hog, which are being used by masons across the world. According to the Mason Contractors Association of America, the two products "transformed the masonry industry in how mortar is mixed and grout is delivered into block walls." He then contributed in the development of Hog Leg products.
In 1998, Lang established another company EZ Grout Corporation (now EZG Manufacturing), which produced laborsaving equipment for the masonry industry. He is the CEO of two more companies, Wolf Creek Contracting and Malta Dynamics, a fall protection solutions manufacturing company. Malta Dynamics and EZG Manufacturing partnered with National September 11 Memorial & Museum to build a custom fall protection solution for the museum engineers called the XSERIES Mobile Fall Protection System.
In 2003, Lang wrote a book Rewarding and Challenging Employees: For Profit in Masonry, about his experiences with building a multi-million dollar company. He has also contributed to the Masonry Magazine for many years by writing Contractor Tip of the Month articles. In January 2018, he was inducted into the Masonry Hall of Fame by the Mason Contractors Association of America during the MCAA Convention at the World of Concrete in Las Vegas.
Lang studied in a private Catholic school till the eighth grade. He has five brothers and three sisters. He started working at a local farm at the age of 9 and, by the age of 14, was responsible for managing a crop farm. Lang is a member of the MCAA, AGC, ABC, Ohio Masonry Association and BX of Central Ohio. He has served as marketing committee chairman of the MCAA. He plays golf and enjoys hunting.
- "Lang Masonry & Restoration Contractors". langmasonry.com. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Interview with Damian Lang". Mason Contractors Association of America. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Damian Lang enters Masonry Hall of Fame in Las Vegas". Morgan County Herald. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Damian Lang". Mason Contractors Association of America. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "EZ Grout Corporation Transitions to EZG Manufacturing". masoncontractors.org. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Ohio company part of safety efforts at National September 11 Memorial and Museum". The Parkersburg News and Sentinel. 3 February 2019. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "Know Your Target and Set Expectations for Your Team to Hit It". masoncontractors.org. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
This article "Damian Lang (entrepreneur)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Damian Lang (entrepreneur). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.