Damon Allen Jr.
|Damon I. Allen Jr.|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Born||Damon Isaac Allen Jr.|
September 2, 1992
|Wins by KO||5|
Why are there so many quotations in this article? Information should not be copied and pasted
Damon Isaac Allen Jr. (born September 2, 1992) is an American undefeated professional boxer from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is currently signed to Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Title Boxing as their primary brand ambassador. Allen fights lightweight, utilizing an orthodox stance. He ranks 14th out of 210 in the US and 89/1470 worldwide. Allen has staged 5 knockouts and has a record of 15 wins 1 draw and 0 loses since making his professional debut at Harrah's Casino in 2013. Prior to this debut, he fought in over 160 amateur matches. Although several individuals of the Allen family are heavily involved in the boxing world, Damon is the first family member to take boxing seriously since his great grandfather, Mitch Allen.
Allen has been boxing since the age of 8. Allen was guided by his father, grandfather and great grandfather into the ring. Damon's mother also provided insight for him into the boxing world, as she worked as a boxing judge and also managed the gym the Allen's fought out of. This gym is the Mitch Allen Boxing Gym, which was “dedicated in honor of Allen’s great grandfather Mitch Allen, a former professional fighter who fought 22 professional fights in the late 1940’s.” As an adolescent, Allen fought in the Olympic trials as the youngest athlete for the London Games. He attended Communications Technology High School in Philadelphia. Allen began to compete on a National level by the age of 16. Allen would attend college, but ultimately put his studies on hold to fully pursue and focus on his boxing career.
Allen won a gold medal at the 2009 Junior Golden Gloves Nationals.[why?] He won five fights in the first year of his professional debut. He delivered a TKO victory in the second round against Adam Mate of Budapest, Hungary in 2017.
In 2016, Allen fought at the seventh annual "Big Fighters, Big Cause" event to benefit the Sugar Ray Leonard Foundation. Allen gives group and individual boxing lessons to children and adults in his community. He is an ambassador for Up2Us Sports, a youth development program in the United States. In 2017, Allen worked with the Delaware Valley food bank Philabundance to organize a food drive in Philadelphia.
Allen credits Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Sugar Ray Leonard, David Reid and Matthew Saad Muhammad as being huge influences on his career and development. During his career, Allen had the opportunity to train in the same gym as Bernard Hopkins.
Bernard Hopkins states, “Damon Allen has all the right ingredients” and compares Allen to Pernell Whitaker, while encouraging people to look at Damon’s style, reflexes and demeanor.
Dayna Allen for Blackaphillyated.com. stated that Allen is fully committed to the lifestyle of a professional boxer. 
Allen recieved the honor of being the "One to Watch" for the Philadelphia fight scene, at the 10th Annual Briscoe Awards, on Sunday October 15, 2017.
Boxing Record Summary
|Professional record summary|
|15 fights||15 wins||0 losses|
|16||Win||15-0-1||Alexis Del Bosque||SD||March 31, 2018||25||Marina Bay Sports Complex, Quincey, Massachusetts, USA|
|15||Win||14-0-1||Martin Honorio||UD||December 14, 2017||25||Quai Catherine-Legardeur, Sorel-Tracy, Canada|
|14||Win||13-0-1||Jayro Duran||UD||September 15, 2017||25||MGM Grand, Marquee Ballroom, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
|13||Win||12-0-1||Gamaliel Diaz||TD||June 30, 2017||24||Fantasy Springs Casino, Indio, California, USA|
|12||Win||11-0-1||Adam Mate||TKO||March 11, 2017||24||Turning Stone Resort & Casino, Verona, New Jersey, USA|
|11||Draw||10-0-1||Luis Arceo||PTS||October 7, 2016||23||Belasco Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA|
|10||Win||10-0-0||Daniel Montoya||RTD||May 25, 2016||23||Ray Dolby Ballroom, Hollywood, California, USA|
|9||Win||9-0-0||Daniel Perales||UD||March 5, 2016||23||DC Armory, Washington, District of Columbia, USA|
|8||Win||8-0-0||Oscar Santana||UD||November 6, 2015||23||Belasco Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA|
|7||Win||7-0-0||Luis Rodriguez||RTD||June 30, 2015||22||2300 Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|6||Win||6-0-0||Hector Marengo||UD||March 14, 2014||21||PA Metal Sheet Workers Hall, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|5||Win||5-0-0||Anthony Michael Linenfelser||TKO||January 10, 2014||21||PA Metal Sheet Workers Hall, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|4||Win||4-0-0||Tony Walker||UD||September 28, 2013||21||Bally's Event Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA|
|3||Win||3-0-0||Samuel Omar Quinones Jr.||UD||August 23, 2013||20||Valley Forge Casino and Resort, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|2||Win||2-0-0||Travis Thompson||UD||June 15, 2013||20||Valley Forge Casino and Resort, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|1||Win||1-0-0||Joseph Ahaamid||TKO||April 19, 2013||20||Harrah's Philadelphia, Chester, Pennsylvania, USA|
- "BoxRec: Damon Allen". boxrec.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Boxing Training - Athletes Academy - Montgomery County Norristown PA". Athletes Academy Training Facility. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "DAMON ALLEN JR IS THE ONE TO WATCH FROM PHILADELPHIA". Boxing News - Boxing, UFC and MMA News, Fight Results, Schedule, Rankings, Videos and More. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- Voice, Tha Boxing (2013-04-18). "DAMON ALLEN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT THIS FRIDAY NIGHT AT HARRAHS PHILADELPHIA". Tha Boxing Voice. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Damon Allen Jr.: Continuing to prove his value". Undisputed Champion Network. 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Making A Name: Philly Pro Boxer Damon Allen Jr. - blackaphillyated". blackaphillyated. 2016-01-18. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "1-2 punch of respect & responsibility | 6abc.com". 6abc Philadelphia. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Philly's Damon "No Smilin" Allen, Jr.,Remains Unbeaten | BoxingInsider.com". BoxingInsider.com. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Damon Allen Jr. No Smilin' | Golden Boy Promotions". www.goldenboypromotions.com. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Damon Allen Jr". Damon Allen Jr. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "7th Annual "Big Fighters, Big Cause" Boxing Night". Sugar Ray Leonard Foundation. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Damon Allen Jr. Celebrity Food Drive". 2016-10-16. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- ESNEWS (2017-06-22), Bernard Hopkins On The New Pernell Whitaker - Damon Allen - ESNEWS BOXING, retrieved 2018-02-09
This article "Damon Allen Jr." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Damon Allen Jr.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.