Daniel Simic - PlayUp Founder and Global CEO
About Daniel Simic
Daniel Simic has substantial expertise and experience in the betting industry, innovating and developing new technologies including blockchain.
His professional career began in Daniel’s early 20’s when he founded and invested in a variety of businesses. Over 10 years ago, led by a passion for innovative technology, Daniel Simic turned his focus into the online gaming industry followed by inventing a universal gaming token PlayChip. He was one of the first entrepreneurs to launch Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) in Australia Drafstars, the largest DFS company in Oceania by far.
Daniel Simic is currently using his technical and entrepreneurial skills to lead PlayUp, a global online betting provider and technology developer, as the global CEO. He founded PlayUp in 2014, and turned it into a successful worldwide company.
Associate diploma, electronic technology (1995-1998)
Years: 1995 - 1998
Daniel Simic has extensive experience in technology, entertainment, online wagering, sports, and blockchain.
- Position: Founder & CEO
- Time Line: January 2014-present
- Location: Operating worldwide but based in Sydney
- Industries: technology, entertainment, online wagering, sports, and blockchain
- Role: As the founder and global CEO, Simic oversees all aspects of the business with the hands-on leadership style for which he's become well known.
- Position: Shareholder and Director
- Time Line: February 2014-December 2014
- Location: Taren Point, NSW, Sydney, Australia
- Industry: Online Wagering
- Role: Restructuring, measuring and reporting profitability, increasing efficiency, and exploring overseas markets
New Era Group
- Position: Co-founder and Head of Business Development
- Time Line: January 2000-December 2013
- Location: Sydney
- Industries: Electronics and technology
- Role: Creation of client solutions and business development