Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez
|Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez|
|💀Died||May 20, 2019 (aged 15–16)|
Weslaco Border Patrol Station, 1501 E. Expressway 83 Weslaco, Texas 78559May 20, 2019 (aged 15–16)
|Resting place||El Rodeo, San Marcos, Guatemala|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)|
Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez (born 2002) was a child who died in the CBP Weslaco Border Patrol Station on May 20, 2019. A forensic pathologist, contracted by Hidalgo County, concluded in her autopsy report, as obtained by Texas Monthly, that Carlos had died from flu, complicated by pneumonia and sepsis. Carlos traveled from his village in Guatemala for the United States in early May 2019; he and others were detained by border agents soon after crossing the Rio Grande by rubber raft on May 13, 2019.
As of May 20, 2019, the FBI and DHS Office of Inspector General were investigating the circumstances of the death. On May 24, 2019, The United States House Committee on the Judiciary sent a letter to Acting Secretary of DHS Kevin McAleean; the letter seeks answers into apparent missteps by CBP, including failure to transfer custody of a child to Health and Human Services within 72 hours of detainment (House Judiciary Committee (May 24, 2019). (PDF) (Letter). Letter to Acting Secretary Kevin Macleean https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6038357/McAleenanLetter-5-24-002.pdf. Retrieved December 16, 2019. Missing or empty
- Kanno-Youngs, Zolan (2019-05-20). "Guatemalan Boy Dies at Border Station While Awaiting Move to a Shelter". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "16-year-old migrant boy dies in U.S. custody, 5th child to die since December". NBC News. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Robert Moore, Susan Schmidt (2019-12-05). "Inside the Cell Where a Sick 16-Year-Old Boy Died in Border Patrol Care". ProPublica. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "5th migrant child dies after detention by US border agents". AP NEWS. 2019-05-20. Retrieved 2019-12-16.
- "16-year-old migrant boy dies in U.S. custody, 5th child to die since December". NBC News. Retrieved 2019-12-16.
This article "Death of Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Death of Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.