Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Dell Range Boulevard
|Type||2-4 lane surface street with turning meridian|
|Maintained by||City of Cheyenne|
|Length||5.9 mi (9.5 km)|
|West end||Wyoming Highway 219|
|East end||US 30|
|Known for||Wyoming's Busiest Buisness Strip|
Dell Range Blvd (pronunciation: Del•rain•g-Bol•vard) is a four-lane road in Northern Cheyenne, which contains a suburban shopping district, with stores such as Walmart, and the Frontier Mall. The street was opened in the 1960's.
Construction likely had begun in the 1960's, however there is more evidence pertaining to the completion of Dell Range Boulevard in 1978.. During the early 1980's, extensions to four-lane was being done, and the sewer system was in case. Notably in 1981, the Frontier Mall opened it's doors with anchors Sears, J.C. Penny's, Dillard's and AMC, formula Carmike movies.
Walmart then opened in the early 21st century. Later on, projects to modernize Dell Range to deal with traffic from Walmart, the mall, and some 50 new businesses took place at the Converse Intersection.
In July of 1979, the most destructive tornado in Wyoming History struck North Cheyenne, in the location of the future Frontier Mall. The tornado was recorded as an F3, and 200 homes were destroyed, with 40 injuries and 1 death.
On August 1st, 1985, the City of Cheyenne recived 6 inches of rain in a few hours, causing historic floods on Dell Range. Official totals report that 12 people died and 70 were injured, with the flood causing $65 million in damage (1985 dollars).  This prompted the city to install flood areas along Dell Range.. The Dry creek had been rerouted, and new flood-plain laws were still in effect.
At the request of the Governor Herschler, musician Neil Young held a charity concert which brought in $136,000 (in 1985 dollars). The mayor at the time, Leo Pando, had noted that reconstruction had begun quickly, and the recovery was fast. He also pushed for water detention ponds, many of which bear his name today. 
To adress traffic as well as safety concerns, a portion of Dell Range from College Drive to Whitney Road is planned to be expanded into a five-lane road, where it was previously two-lane.
The entire route is in Cheyenne, Laramie County.
|0.0||0.0||WYO 219 (Yellowstone Highway) to US 85 / I-25||Western terminus|
|1.7||2.7||Prairie Avenue, Bluegrass Circle|
|3.0||4.8||WYO 212 (College Drive)||WYO 212 is a beltway around Cheyenne|
|5.9||9.5||I-80 Bus. / US 30||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
In popular media
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dell Range Boulevard.|
- King, William P. “Cheyenne Federal-Aid Urban System, North Portion.” Google Books, 31 May 1978, 1
- Galloway, Kristine Cheyenne seniors talk about their lives in the city Published June 30th, 2017 Accessed 9 April 2019
- “Dell Range/Section 20 Corridor Study.” Cheyenne MPO, 2016, www.plancheyenne.org/mpo-project/dell-range-corridor-study/.
- "July 16, 1979 Cheyenne Tornado". National Weather Service. NWS. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Downing, Jeremy. “On The 30th Anniversary: Cheyenne Remembers the Deadly Flood of 1985.” Cheyenne, Wyoming | News, Weather, Sports | CBS5 NewsChannel, www.kgwn.tv/home/headlines/On-The-30th-Anniversary-Cheyenne-Remembers-the-Deadly-Flood-of-1985-320295331.html.
- 25 years ago today massive storm devistated Cheyenne 2015
- "WYDOT addresses safety concerns at Whitney Road Intersection". WYDOT. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
This article "Dell Range Boulevard" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dell Range Boulevard. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.