|Industry||Mobile Technology, Mobile Application Development|
|Founders||Dusan Babich, Mike Welham|
|Products||Mobile Forms (iOS)|
Device Magic is a mobile forms software used by thousands of organizations worldwide.
History[edit | edit source]
Device Magic provides a web-based mobile app solution that aims to replace the necessity of using paper forms in business workflows with forms on mobile devices; particularly in industries or organizations with employees in the field. Launching in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2011, Device Magic is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company, which was incubated in Dallas, Texas, and established its headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina in 2015.
Device Magic’s mobile forms application looks to improve mobile productivity and data collection for workers in the field. As a privately held company, Device Magic focuses on solutions for the Construction, Telecom, Logistics, Energy and Facilities Management industries. The mobile application can be used offline to accommodate operations in remote areas.
Integrations[edit | edit source]
Device Magic has added updates to its platform to work in conjunction with or send data to various other web software systems. Device Magic integrates to send information to data storage systems like Dropbox, Google Drive, and ShareFile; and communication systems like Slack, Email, and SMS. The platform also works to deliver, automate, and track data with Zapier, Salesforce, Geotab, and others.
Device Magic software integrates with SQL to allow collected form data to be automatically entered into web databases. These integrations all push towards a larger trend in business process automation.
Notable uses[edit | edit source]
- International Committee of the Red Cross uses Device Magic mobile forms for data collection and analysis in the field around the world.
- Chemtek used Device Magic to reduce time to complete customer jobs and billing cycles.
- African Clean Energy uses Device Magic mobile forms to collect data and operate in remote areas as they work to provide energy solutions in the developing world.
- Derr & Isbell Construction used Device Magic for data collection in construction of the roof of the Atlanta Falcons stadium.
References[edit | edit source]
- "About Device Magic - Mobile Forms Software Company". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Device Magic Integrations - Zapier". Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Device Magic - Geotab Marketplace". Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Workflow Automation and Optimization Software Market - Global Industry Analysis Size Share Growth Trends and Forecast 2017 - 2025". www.reportbuyer.com. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "International Committee of the Red Cross uses Device Magic for Field Data Collection". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Chemtek Uses Device Magic to Reduce Time to Complete Customer Jobs and Shorten Billing Cycles". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "African Clean Energy Uses Device Magic to Combat Energy Poverty & Indoor Air Pollution". Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- McWeeney, Jess. "How Mobile Forms Can Improve Your Construction Project". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
[edit | edit source]
- Device Magic Website
- Device Magic iOS App, Mobile Forms
- Device Magic Android App, Forms
- African Clean Energy Website
This article "Device Magic" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Device Magic. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.