Did Ya' Understand That
|"Did Ya’ Understand That"|
|File:Willa Ford - Did Ya' Understand That.jpg|
|Single by Willa Ford|
|from the album Willa Was Here|
|Released||September 11, 2001|
|Willa Ford singles chronology|
"Did Ya' Understand That" is the second and last single from Willa Ford's album Willa Was Here. The theme of the song is about a young woman whose boyfriend continuously cheats on her and leaves her waiting for him on important dates. The song is a female empowerment anthem and reveals how the young woman refuses to go through the pain that her boyfriend has caused in their relationship. She eventually tells the guy it is over and that she will never get back with him. ("I don't want you/ I don't love you/ I hit the road jack/ 'cause I'm through with you/ Did ya understand that?"). The song failed to meet any success, with Ford claiming that the lack of interest was due to the September 11 attacks on the date of the release.
The video was directed by Chris Applebaum and edited by Nabil Mechi. Adam Stern produced the video. Willa Ford wrote the treatment for the video. The video version of the song added a punked out, metal-esque (produced by Lamar Young, Dre Lewis, and engineer Danny Blaszczak) segment which featured Ford in dreads and a Playboy guitar which she eventually smashes. The video also contained a twist at the end when it showed a bed scene with Willa Ford's character and another female together, as her boyfriend returned home in the morning. Coincidentally enough, the other female is the same character that her boyfriend was having an affair with at a club.
US Vinyl, 12", Promo 
- A1 Did Ya Understand That [Love To Infinity Club Mix] 7:08
- A2 Did Ya Understand That [Ricky Crespo Club Mix] 9:30
- B1 Did Ya Understand That [Seismic Crew Club Anthem] 9:12
- B2 Did Ya Understand That [Seismic Crew Radio edit]3:41
Remixes and other versions
- Did Ya' Understand That [Album Version] - 3:17
- Did Ya' Understand That [Video Version] - 3:40
- Did Ya' Understand That [Video Remix] - 3:44
- Did Ya' Understand That [J-MaR-TiN Remix] - 3:30
- Kaplan, Ilana (July 25, 2017). "Willa Ford Explains Why She Left Music -- And Teases a Possible Comeback". Billboard. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
|This 2000s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Did Ya' Understand That" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Did Ya' Understand That. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.