Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
22 August 1993
New Jersey, United States
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg; 12 st 7 lb)|
|Style||Brazilian Jiu Jitsu|
|Rank||Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Marcelo García|
|Mixed martial arts record|
Search Dillon Danis on Amazon.
Dillon Danis (born August 22, 1993) is an American mixed martial arts fighter who currently competes in the middleweight division at Bellator MMA. He began working with Conor McGregor in 2015, training him for the fight against Nate Diaz and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Professional mixed martial arts career
Danis debuted professionally on April 28, 2018 against Kyle Walker in Bellator 198. He won via submission in the first round.
In his next fight, he faced Max Humphrey on June 14, 2019, in Bellator 222. He won the fight by submission in the first round.
Championships and achievements
- IBJJF Pan American No-Gi Champion (2016).
- IBJJF New York Spring Open Champion (2016).
- IBJJF Boca Raton Open Champion (2015).
UFC 229 controversy
Seconds after the fight between Nurmagomedov and McGregor, Nurmagomedov was insulted and provoked into climbing out of the octagon and charged toward McGregor's cornerman Dillon Danis who was later alleged to have directed slurs towards Khabib. Nurmagomedov later told Russian media that he was triggered by a number of insults he heard from Danis during the match, including anti-Muslim slurs. Danis, however, has denied that he made anti-Muslim slurs during the match. Danis was suspended by the NSAC for seven months and fined $7,500, retroactive to the day of the event.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|2 matches||2 wins||0 losses|
|Win||2-0||Max Humphrey||Submission (armbar)||Bellator 222||14 June 2019||1||4:28||New York, United States||Agreed weight. (175 lbs).|
|Win||1-0||Kyle Walker||Submission (toe hold)||Bellator 198||28 April 2018||1||3:03||Paradise, Nevada, United States||Agreed weight. (175 lbs).|
- McCarry, Patrick (13 June 2016). "Conor McGregor drafts in BJJ star as training partner for Nate Diaz rematch". SportsJoe.ie. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Doyle, Dave (28 April 2018). "Bellator 198 results: Dillon Danis submits Kyle Walker in pro debut". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Martin, Damon (14 June 2019). "Bellator 222 results: Dillon Danis mauls Max Humphrey, finishes with first round armbar". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Staff (2018-10-11). "'I don't want to repeat it' – Khabib on McGregor teammate words that triggered THAT octagon jump". rt.com. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Stuart Atkins and Toby Gannon (2018-10-11). "'BULLS***' Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov: Dillon Danis denies calling Russian 'f***ing Muslim rat' at UFC 229 before mass brawl erupted". thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- John Morgan (2019-01-29). "Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor suspended for UFC 229 brawl". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Hooper, Natasha (27 October 2019). "DAN AND DUSTED MMA star Dillon Danis' girlfriend Savannah Montano is an Instagram model with her own bikini range". The Sun. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
This article "Dillon Danis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dillon Danis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.