|Founded 📆||July 13, 2002|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Founder 👔||Jay Westerdal|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Parent||DCL Group S.A.|
DomainTools, LLC is a Seattle, Washington based American company that provides DNS research tools that use a database of domain name, IP address, and WHOIS data. These tools are used for brand protection, domain monitoring, domain valuation, and cybercrime investigation. Other services include a name suggestion, patented reverse IP address, and a combined screenshot history view that incorporates millions of screenshots that shows how a website looked recently or in the past.
Founded in 2002 by Jay Westerdal, DomainTools was later sold to Thought Convergence, Inc. in 2008. It is currently owned by DCL Group S.A. which also owns other companies such as EuroDNS and eBrand Services.
DomainTools provides an online web WHOIS service that allows users to check information about a domain name through its website. It also provides historical WHOIS and IP address records for domain names.
- "DomainTools.net WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Company Overview of DomainTools, LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Linton, Morgan (14 October 2013). "Domaining MBA Monday: Why DomainTools Is Such A Critical Tool For Domainers". Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Krebs, Brian (6 February 2014). "Deconstructing the $9.84 Credit Card Hustle". Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Domaintools.com". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Thought Convergence Acquires Name Intelligence". businesswire.com. May 6, 2008. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "DCL Group". dclgroup.eu. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
Headquartered in Luxembourg, DCL Group is a leading Internet and e-commerce company, made of the well-known Datacenter Luxembourg, EuroDNS, LuxCloud, eBrand Services, DomainTools, and voipGATE.
- Official website
- "Daily Changes". DomainTools.
Freely reporting daily DNS changes and web hosting activity
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "DomainTools" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DomainTools. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.