Don Kottmann is a painter dividing his time between Kansas City, Missouri and Calgary, Alberta. He was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. Kottmann uses light, colour, line, paint, relationships and energy – to orchestrate and structure the two dimensional plane and spatial dimension. Kottmann's paintings incorporate dissonance, improvisation, disparate elements, and complex colour and space relationships. Kottmann's paintings seek an unrecognizable location that weave, spark and resonate at a deep interior level.
Kottmann holds a Bachelor in Fine Arts from the University of Kansas and a Masters in Fine Arts from the University of Washington. He presently teaches in the Drawing Department of the Alberta College of Art & Design.
In 2016 Kottman had a solo exhibition at the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art in 2016.
He was awarded a Joan Mitchell Foundation grant in 2014.
- "/Don Kottmann". www.stride.ab.ca. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "EVERYTHING NOTHING SOMETHING · Don Kottmann". www.nermanmuseum.org. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Foundation, Joan Mitchell. "Artist Programs » Artist Grants". joanmitchellfoundation.org. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Don Kottmann - Artists - Joseph Nease Gallery - Contemporary Art in Duluth, MN". www.josephneasegallery.com. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- ACAD Drawing
- Niza Knoll Gallery
-  - The KC Collection, 2010-11 Catalog: page 22 & 23 (PDF page 12)
This article "Don Kottmann" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Don Kottmann. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.