Nawa Raj Subba
Dr. Nawa Raj Subba is a writer of Nepal. He is a public health specialist, researcher, and author who has written articles and books about public health and culture. He writes poems, song lyrics, essays, and author of books and albums.    
Nawa Raj Subba was born in the village of Athrai Hangpang in the remote mountain area of Taplejung in Nepal in 1961. He married in 1983, and they had two sons together. He received his PhD in Health Psychology, Masters in Public Health (MPH), and Nepali literature and culture (MA) from Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He worked for the Ministry of Health, primarily in District Public Health Offices such as Morang and Jhapa, and retired in 2014 after three decades of service. 
Research on Public Health
- Practices of waste management in health care facilities in Nepal's Biratnagar metropolitan city. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 12(03), 398–404 Article DOI: 10.30574/wjarr.2021.12.3.0722
- Senior Citizens in Nepal are in desperate need. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 10(02), 176–183 DOI URL: https://doi.org/10.30574/wjarr.2021.10.2.0206
- Managing Hepatitis Outbreak in Biratnagar Nepal, 2015. Science Journal of Public Health. Vol. 3, No. 6, 2015, pp. 808-814. DOI: 10.11648/j.sjph.20150306.12
- Suicides in the Ilam District of Nepal. American Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 4, No. 6, 2015, pp. 137-141. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajap.20150406.11
- Traditional Practices on Mother and Child Health Care in the Rajbanshi Community of Nepal. American Journal of Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 310-317. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.18
- Postpartum Depression Relating to Smoking and Drinking Habits of Husbands Among Rajbanshi Mothers, 2015. American Journal of Health Research. Vol.3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 293-297. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.15
- Modification of Delivery Practice in Rajbanshi Mothers of Nepal, 2014. Journal of Nobel Medical College. Vol. 3, No.1 Issue 5, pp10-15
- Delivery Practices among Rajbanshi, 2014. Researcher. I, II, July-December, 2013. pp63-71
- Traditional and Modern Maternal and Child Health Care Practice and their Effects on Rajbanshi Community in Nepal. Journal of Public Health in Developing Countries. Vol 1, No 2 (2015)
- Post-Partum Depression among Rajbanshi Mothers. 2013. Researcher, Vol 1, No 1 (2013)
- A study of public health indicators of Morang Nepal by Lot Quality assurance sampling method, 2007. Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.9, No.2, June 2007 pp117-119.
- Health Seeking Behavior of Rajbanshi in Katahari and Baijanathpur of Morang District, Nepal, 2004. Nepal Health Research Council Journal. Vol.2, No.2, October 2004, pp14-17
- An Important Step to Increase Immunization Coverage. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, Vol.2, No. 1, April 2004, ISSN: 1727-5482 (Editorial)
- Demographic Assessment on Vasectomy Clients of Sankhuwasabha Nepal, 2003. Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.5, No.2, December 2003, pp98-99
Books on Public Health
- Khotangko Swasthya (District Health Profile of Khotang, Nepal) 1998.
- Health Seeking Behaviour of Rajbanshi in Morang, Nepal, 2001.
- Eastern Region Health Assessment Report Summary 2003 (Co-writer).
- Janaswasthya Paataa Bataa Ra Anubhuti (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2006.
- Janaswasthyaka Sawaalharu (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2007.
- Traditional and Modern Health Care Practices and Effects on Rajbanshi, 2016.
- Janaswasthya Abhyas Ra Anubhav (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2017.
Research on Culture
Subba's cultural research has been published in peer-reviewed journals, and his materials have been archived in public databases such as Google Scholar, Semantic Scholar, Researchgate, and Academia.  
- Review of ‘Madhesh’ Definition Found in the Nepal Academy Dictionary. Global Journal of Research in Humanities & Cultural Studies: 2 pp. 119-123 (4). DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.6792441
- The Philosophical Analogy of the Saksak Mundhum to Greek Mythology of Genesis Man's Ages and Its Allegorical Notation. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; 2022; 3(3): 24-29. DOI: 10.47310/iarjhss.2022.v03i03.004
- A Critical Review of the Evolution of Language Families in Nepal. Global Journal of Research in Humanities & Cultural Studies, Volume 02| Issue 02 | March-April | 2022
- An Analysis of the Kirat Limbu Traditional Beliefs and Culture. Global Journal of Research in Humanities & Cultural Studies, Volume 02| Issue 01 | Jan - Feb | 2022
- Tungdunge Mundhum Establishes a Link Between the Sen and the Samba Dynasties. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; 2022; 3(1): 1-10. DOI:10.47310/iarjhss.2022.v03i01.001
- The Subba Surname Attributes to the Kirat Legacy. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; 2021; 2(6): 24-29. DOI:10.47310/iarjhss.v02i06.004
- Mewa Khola Toponym is a Historical Document, and Tampering With it Shows Fanaticism. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; 2021;2(5): 1-6. DOI:10.47310/jiarjhss.v02i05.001
- Tungdunge and Dhangdhange are Homonyms that Represent Limbu and Dhimal's Relationship. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; ; 2021; 2(4): 44-51. DOI:10.47310/jiarjhss.v02i04.008
- Ethnic Identity and Expansion in Kirat Samba Phyang. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; ; 2021; 2(4): 1-10. DOI:10.47310/jiarjhss.v02i04.001
- Kirat, Rai, and Limbu Are Somewhat Perplexed By The Vast Array Of Ethnic Identities. IAR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences; ; 2021; 2(3): 31-40. ISSN Print : 2708-6259 | ISSN Online : 2708-6267
- An Overview of the Association Between the Myths and Proof of Lepmuhang Mundhum and Matsya Purana. Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging PedagogiesVolume 5, Issue 2, November 2019, pp. 905-921. ISSN: 2168-1333
- Culture and Health: The Unifying Aspects of Cultures [SECTION] TRANS. INST-Internet-Journal for the Humanities, INST-Conférence 7.-9.11.2003
Books on Culture
- Reviewing Tungdunge Mundhum, 2020
- Kirat Limbu Sanskriti Manavsastriya Bivechana, 2021
Books on Literature
- Jeewan Mero Sabdkoshma, an anthology of poems, 2006
- Bich Batoma Byujhera, an anthology of poems, 2008
- Yatra Aadhaa Satabdiko, an anthology of poems, 2011
- Chitkaar, Muktak, short poems, 2012
- Sahidlaai Salaam, Lyrics, 2010
- Mann Ra Maato, Lyrics,2016
- Manko Majheri, Essays, 2007
- Samayako Swad, Essays, 2013
- Life in My Dictionary, Poems, 2020
- The Mind Canvas, Essays, 2021
- Jokhanama Vartaman, Poems, 2021
- Self-Reflection at the Moment, Poems, 2022
- Sikkaka Duvai Pataa, Essays, 2022
- Both Sides of Coins, Essays, 2022
Nepali Songs Music Audio Albums
Music composer and researcher, Bulu Mukarung of Radio Nepal recorded Nawa Raj Subba's songs for his book Nepali Music Archives 'Nepali Sangeetko Abhilekh. When ethnic tensions arose in Nepal during the constitution-making process, Nawa Raj Subba's song "Nepali Nepali Hami Nepali" became well-known in various media and programs. Dr Vijay Subba included Nawa Raj Subba's song in the wave of songs promoting inclusive democracy and ethnic harmony in his book Cultural Workers of Social Change, published by Nepal Academy. Nawa Raj Subba's Ghazal lyrics are also popular with music composer Shakti Ballav and various singers such as Anju Pant, Jagadish Samal, Narendra Pyasi, Shishir Yogi, Sumit Khadka, Mandavi Tripathi, and others.
- Deshko Maya, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2010
- Hami Pahile Nepali, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2013
- Lukeko Rahar, Collection of Ghazal Album Audio, 2011
- Amulya Jiwan, Collection of Modern songs, 2012
- Bahaar Sanga, Collection of Modern songs, 2016
- Himalaima Hiun, Collection of Folk Songs, 2014
- Video Albums Pratibimba Series-1 to 4. Excerpts
Awards and Felicitations
The first World Webcam Poetry Competition results have been posted on the website of Online Nepali Literature Forum, an official organization. In their critiques of his works, critics have also touched on his honour. Several websites that provide information about his biography have also mentioned this.
- Nepal Vidhya Bhushan ‘Ka’– 2015 (2073 VS)
- First prize won in First Online Webcam World Poem Competition- 2008 (2064 VS)
- Gorkhadacchinbahu medal 1991 (2047 VS).
- Babar Sing Thapa Memorial Prize 2008 (2064 VS)
- Mohan Regmi smriti Banni Puraskar 2006 (2063 VS)
- Byathith Kavya Banita Puraskar- 2013 (2070 VS)
- Jayandra Prasai Smriti Sahitya Sanman- 2008 (2064 VS)
- Udayananda Muktinath Aryal Sangeet Pratibha Puraskar- 2011 (2068 VS)
- Bhadra Ghale Ghamansing Sahitya-Kala Prize 2014 (2071 VS)
- Nawaranga Sahitya Sanman, Jhapa, 2007 (2063 VS)
- Krishna Prasad- Khagendra Kumari Bhandari Sahitya-Kala Samman- 2018 (2075).
- Ganga Bhadrashila Smriti Puraskar Gargashree Sanman- 2016 (2073 VS)
- Hongkong Nepali Federation Felicitation, 2013 (2069 VS)
- Lekhnath Pustakalaya Sanman- 2012 (2069 VS)
- Pallav Sahitya Sanman- 2009 (2066 VS)
- Nateswar Nrityakala Pratisthan Sanman- 2006 (2063 VS)
- Natyeshore Sanman, 2006 (2063 VS).
- Dirgha Rana Samundra Bam Samman, 2013
- Felicitation by Sparsha Nepal 2011 (2068 VS)
- Felicitated by Kirat Yakthung Chumlung Morang Nepal 2011 (2068)
- Felicitation by Biratnagar Metropolitan city 2010 (2067 VS)
- Felicitation by Hangpang Sewa Samaj Kathmandu 2007 (2064 VS)
- Felicitated Birateshwar Briddhashram, Biratnagar 2013 (2070 VS)
- Felicitated by Pathari-Sanischare Municipality, Nepal 2018 (2075)
- "Nawa Raj Subba From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Biratnagar". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "नवराज सुब्बा ne.wikipedia". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Category:Nepali-language writers". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Nawa Raj Subba Tunes Nepal". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "InnovationInfo Dr. Nawa Raj Subba". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "नेपाल विद्याभूषणबाट २ सय ८६ र छात्रा विद्यापदकबाट ३० जना सम्मानित हुने (क– कसले पाउने भए ? हेर्नुहोस् नामावली)". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Nawa Raj Subba Researchgate Freelancer Public Health". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Nawa Raj Subba Academia.edu Public Health". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Monographs Madan Puraskar Library". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "OLE Nepal E-Pustakalaya Nawa Raj Subba". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "WorldCat Identities Subba, Nawa Raj Overview Publication Timeline". Retrieved 15 January 2023.
- "ORCID Connecting Research and Researcher Nawa Raj Subba Public Health Specialist Scholar & Author". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- "Dr. Nawa Raj Subba Author Thuprai.com". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- Mukarung, Bulu (2015). Nepali Sangeetko Abhilekh (1st ed.). Kathmandu: Palpa Books. ISBN 978-9937-2-8824-8. Search this book on
- Subba, Vijay (2018). Samaj Parivartanka Sanskritiharmi (1st ed.). Kathmandu: Nepal Academy of Music and Drama. ISBN 978-9937-0-4766-3 Check
|isbn=value: checksum (help). Search this book on
- "Nawa Raj Subba's Creation Videos on YouTube". Retrieved 14 January 2023.
- Subject's official website https://nrsubba.com.np
- ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5700-2179
- Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=S6MniUYAAAAJ&hl=en
- Academia.edu https://independent.academia.edu/DrNawaRajSubba
- ResearchGate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nawa-Subba
- Semantic Scholar https://www.semanticscholar.org/author/Nawa-Raj-Subba/152224269