Dutch Bros. Coffee
|Founded||Grants Pass, Oregon (February 12, 1992 )|
|Founders||Dane Boersma and Travis Boersma|
Number of locations
|322-November 2018 [needs update]|
|Western United States|
|Products||Whole bean coffee beverages|
|Revenue||US$415 million (FY 2017)[needs update]|
Number of employees
Dutch Bros Coffee is the largest privately held drive-through coffee chain in the United States. It is headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon, with company-owned and franchise locations expanding throughout the western United States.
The company was founded on February 12, 1992 by Dane and Travis Boersma, brothers of Dutch descent, in Grants Pass, Oregon. It originally sold coffee from pushcarts around town, and by 2018 had over 300 coffee stands in seven Western states with the majority being drive-thrus and a few walk ins. The coffee chain serves a variety of coffees, caffeinated beverages, and other drinks including tea, energy drinks, smoothies, hot cocoa, soda, and lemonade including a "not-so-secret menu". The company's mission statement centers on three core values: quality, speed, and service.
The Dutch Bros. co-founder Travis Boersma was featured on the American version of the television show "Undercover Boss" in 2013. The company was on the Forbes Small Giants: America's Best Small Companies list in 2017.
The company's mantra is to "make a difference, one cup at a time". The company holds an annual fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association in honor of the co-founder Dane Boersma, who died of Lou Gehrig's Disease in 2006 at the age of 55.
Before the solar eclipse of August 21, 2017, Dutch Bros. recalled free solar viewers it had distributed to customers, citing problems with the International Organization for Standardization certificate it had received from the viewers' manufacturers.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Dutch Bros Coffee". Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Maynard, Micheline. "Coffee Lovers, Keep An Eye on Dutch Bros. They Just Got a Big Investor", Forbes, October 2, 2018
- "Dutch Bros. moving headquarters to downtown Grants Pass". KGW. 28 March 2017. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Dutch Bros. is coming to Aberdeen". KXRO News Radio. 30 November 2018. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Margolis, Joshua, and Christine Snively. "Dutch Bros. Coffee: A Compelling Future." Harvard Business School Case 415-010, April 2015.
- Binole, Gina. "Travis Boersma". crains.com. Crain's. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Funk, David; Levis, Anne Marie (2009-09-01). Conscious Branding. Business Expert Press. pp. 29, 50. ISBN 9781606490594.
- White, K. M (27 August 2018). "Serving up coffee and kindness at Windsor's Dutch Bros". Greeley Tribune. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Adams, Susan. "The Coffee Cult: How Dutch Bros. Is Turning Its 'Bro-istas' Into Wealthy Franchisees". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- Culverwell, Wendy (August 14, 2014). "How Dutch Bros grew from a pushcart in Grants Pass to a $150M coffee mainstay". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Cottell, Pete (3 October 2018). "The Best Secret Menu Drinks at Dutch Bros, the In-N-Out of Coffee". Thrillist. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Patail, Marty (19 May 2016). "How Dutch Bros. Coffee Conquered Oregon's Soul". Portland Monthly. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- O'Leary, Steve; Sheehan, Kim; Lentz, Sterling (2011-06-14). Small Business Smarts: Building Buzz with Social Media: Building Buzz with Social Media. ABC-CLIO. pp. 50, 73, 84. ISBN 9780313394102.
- "Nampa Dutch Bros. will be featured on 'Undercover Boss' tonight". Idaho Press. Idaho Press. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Season 5 Episode 8: Dutch Bros. Coffee". cbs.com. CBS. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Burlingham, Bo (9 May 2017). "Forbes Small Giants 2017: America's Best Small Companies". Forbes. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Reid, Janna. "The Oregon Encyclopedia: Dutch Bros. Coffee Company". The Oregon Encyclopedia. Oregon Historical Society. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Duewel, Jeff (16 October 2009). "Dutch Bros. co-founder dies at 55". Mail Tribune. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Dutch Bros. Coffee hosts annual "Drink One for Dane" Day to benefit Muscular Dystrophy Association". KHQ Right Now. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Rhodan, Maya (21 August 2017). "Coffee Chain in Eclipse's Path Recalls Safety Glasses After Giving Them Out for Free". Time. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dutch Bros. Coffee.|
Others articles of the Topics Oregon AND Companies : ZoomCare, Hawks PDX
Others articles of the Topics Coffee AND Companies : Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks Coffee
Others articles of the Topic Coffee : Starbucks Coffee, Dunkin Donuts
Others articles of the Topic Oregon : Sullivan's Gulch Bar & Grill, Monroe Schwarzlose, Nuestra Cocina, Carriage Room, 1st Avenue (Portland, Oregon), NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship, South Portland Historic District
Others articles of the Topic Companies : Fox Broadcasting Company, Buywebhosting.net, Hawks PDX, Zeevo, Yahoo!, Rayyan Air, Altaro
This article "Dutch Bros. Coffee" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dutch Bros. Coffee. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.