|Also known as||Egine, Ezhine|
|Born||1989, September 15|
Heghine Grigoryan (Armenian: Հեղինե Գրիգորյան, born 1989) or Egine (Armenian: Իջին, Russian: Иджùн) or Ezhine, is an Armenian-Russian singer and songwriter who's based out of Miami. She is known for her collaboration with American rapper T-Pain titled Moon of Dreams.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Egine was born in Yerevan, Armenia to a guitar player and a singer. She was trained in music and attended Gnessin State Musical College. Engine has won several awards including the "Young talents of Russia" musical contest and the annual World Championship of Performing Arts in Los Angeles.
Career[edit | edit source]
Depi Evratesil[edit | edit source]
In 2016, Grigoryan took part in Depi Evratesil (the national final organised by AMPTV to select the artist to represent Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017). During the auditions Egine performed Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball" and all the six previous Armenian Eurovision entrants, who comprise as the jury press their buttons. During Judges Selection she sang the song Sledgehammer and was taken by Hayko. During One of Two she gained 7 points from the jury and passed to the next round with the song "Tired"/"Burnin' Up". At the first semi final she represented "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)" and "Somos Novios" with her couch Hayko. She gained 25 points from professional jury and 33 points from televoting, placing forth and qualifying for the second semi final, where she ranked 4th overall and got eliminated.
Awards and achievements[edit | edit source]
Here is chronologically the awards Egine has received so far.
|2012||Armenia Music Awards||Discovery of the Year||Moscow||Won|
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Знаменитая певица EGINE: «Армения - моя родина, моя кровь, моя семья, моя сущность»". style.news.am. News.am. 3 December 2016. Archived from the original on 23 September 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Egine: On The Rise". NBC 6 South Florida. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- SouthFlorida.com, Ben Crandell,. "Egine: From Moscow with love songs". southflorida.com. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "SINGER-SONGWRITER EGINE CHATS "MOON OF DREAMS," HER DEBUT SINGLE WITH T-PAIN". fuse.tv. Fuse. 1 July 2013. Archived from the original on 16 October 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Egine Talks About "Moon of Dreams" And The Artists Who Shaped Her". artistdirect.com. artistdirect. 1 July 2013. Archived from the original on 22 April 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Moon of Dreams (feat. T-Pain) - Single". iTunes.com. iTunes. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Знаменитая певица EGINE: «Армения - моя родина, моя кровь, моя семья, моя сущность»". Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Gnessin State Musical College - Russia". www.cinecafe.kr (in 한국어). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Презентация нового видеоклипа певицы EGINE "Любовь - ошибка"". www.paparazzi.ru (in русский). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Певица Egine рассказала, как покоряла Америку" (in русский). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Brey, Marco (1 July 2016). "Armenia launches ambitious search for Eurovision 2017 act". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 28 February 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Armenia unveils 'Dream Team' for 2017". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. 22 August 2016. Archived from the original on 19 February 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
|This article on a Russian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Armenian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Egine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Egine. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.