Eric Branch (murderer)
|Eric S. Branch|
Rockport, IndianaFebruary 7, 1971
|Died||February 22, 2018 (aged 47)|
Florida State Prison, Raiford, Florida
|Cause of death||Execution by lethal injection|
Eric Scott Branch (February 7, 1971 – February 22, 2018) was an Indiana man sentenced to death and executed in Florida for the 1993 rape and murder of University of West Florida student Susan Morris. Branch had been erroneously released from a correctional facility in November 1992 after his conviction for the sexual battery of a 14-year-old girl in Indiana, two months before he killed Morris. He was executed at 6pm EST on February 22, 2018 at the death chamber within Florida State Prison near Raiford, Florida. His execution was also scheduled to coincide with that of Thomas Bartlett Whitaker, a Texas man convicted of contracting the 2003 murders of his brother and mother; Whitaker's sentence was commuted to life imprisonment without parole.
Eric Branch was executed by lethal injection and pronounced dead at 6:05 PM in the death chamber. After being injected, Branch thrashed on the gurney and screamed "murderers" before being pronounced dead.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Florida executes Eric Branch in 1993 killing of college student". Orlando Sentinel. February 22, 2018. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- "Inmate Population Information Detail". Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Eric Branch: 5 News Journal front pages after the crime". Pensacola News Journal. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "DPIC Analysis: What is the Most Number of Executions Carried Out in a Single Day? | Death Penalty Information Center". deathpenaltyinfo.org. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- Kennedy, Emma (22 February 2018). "Eric Branch's last words target governor, AG: 'Let them come down here and do it'". Retrieved 24 February 2018.
This article "Eric Branch (murderer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Eric Branch (murderer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.