|Residence||Laguna Beach, CA|
|Other names||E, EKG|
|Education||University of Maryland (BA)|
|Occupation||Author, Professional Speaker, Founder of Socialite Agency, CEO of PMS.com|
|Spouse(s)||Hartman King (m. 2016)|
|Parent(s)||Thomas GarganHelen Faulkner Gargan|
|Relatives||Brian Gargan (brother)Shannon Gargan (sister)|
Erin Gargan King is a Laguna Beach based professional speaker, author and entrepreneur specializing in digital persuasion, social media and social selling. She is the author of the book "Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace" and CEO of Socialite Agency.
Personal[edit | edit source]
Erin was born in Annapolis, Maryland and is the oldest of three children. She holds dual citizenship of the United States and Ireland, and was a competitive Irish step dancer, competing in the Irish Step Dance World Championships.
She graduated from Baltimore, Maryland-based Mount de Sales Academy for Girls in 2000 and accepted an athletic scholarship to play women's lacrosse at Mount Saint Mary's University, where she was named the 2001 NCAA NEC Rookie of the Year. She transferred to the University of Maryland College Park her junior year and graduated with a B.A. in English Literature in 2004.
Erin and her husband, Hartman King, live in Laguna Beach, California.
Career[edit | edit source]
Upon graduating college, Erin joined a Baltimore television station in a commissioned sales position selling advertising space. Her first sale was a series of TV commercial spots to an Amish furniture maker who didn't own a TV. Within months, she became the top new business salesperson for FOX Television.
In 2006, Erin was recruited to join the sales team of Baltimore startup company, BDMetrics. The company launched a networking platform for trade shows and conferences that allowed exhibitors to virtually connect with buyers before the event. Erin left BDMetrics to launch her first company, Jump Digital Media, with her friend, Danielle, in 2008. Based out of Costa Mesa, California, the website development firm created marketing materials for IMAX, Black & Decker, Whole Foods Market, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Linksys, and others. It was at Jump Digital Media that Erin realized social media was the next digital marketing shift. She sold her half of Jump Digital Media and started Socialite Agency in 2010.
In 2013, Erin created her third company, PMS.com. The e-commerce monthly subscription service is similar to the Dollar Shave Club but for women's hygiene products. The company donates 10% of net profits to women's organizations.
Currently, Erin is the CEO of Socialite Agency and keynote speaker on the topic of Digital Persuasion for sales, marketing and event professionals. As a consultant and trainer, Erin Gargan has worked with prominent B2B and B2C companies, including Hitachi Healthcare, Siemens, GoodLife Fitness, Abbott Laboratories, Synchrony Financial, Credit Sesame and Camp One Ventures. Erin has presented at many conferences and association events, including the annual Influence conference for the National Speaker's Association.
Her book, "Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace" ranked number one in several of Amazon's best seller categories.
Socialite Agency[edit | edit source]
Erin founded Socialite Agency, in 2010. Specializing in social media event marketing, Socialite Agency provides social media management for large conferences, trade shows, events and brand exhibitors.
- The Oscars
- Disney–ABC Television Group
- AEG Entertainment
- Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX)
- Hitachi Healthcare Americas
- Credit Sesame
- Nelson Mandela Children's Hospital Legacy of Hope Foundation
- United States Navy League
- Siebel Energy Institute
Publications[edit | edit source]
Books authored by Erin Gargan:
- Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace. Lioncrest Publishing, 2017. ISBN 978-1619618251.
Awards[edit | edit source]
Erin's work with Socialite Agency in partnership with FreemanXP for Hitachi Healthcare Americas at the Radiological Society of North America's Annual Meeting won 2015 Best Social Media Campaign from the Professional Conventions and Meetings Association (PCMA).
Erin was an Orange County Business Journal "Women in Business" nominee in 2013 and 2017.
Media[edit | edit source]
- Forbes - Turning That "Time of the Month" Into Profit.
- Business Wire - AEG Digital Media Group Partners with SoCal Socialite for the 85th Annual Academy Awards.
- The NAB Show - For Stations and Millennials, Sharing is Caring.
- Sell or Die Podcast - The Tradeshow Show with Erin Gargan.
- Pulse SPA Magazine - Social Media Secrets for Attracting Millennials.
- All Access Music Group - NAB Show Monday: The Doors Open, And Radio Talks About Digital Strategies.
- OC Register - Shave club inspires PMS product service.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hughes, Leonard (1998-01-08). "HONORS AND AWARDS". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- Hughes, Leonard (1998-01-08). "HONORS AND AWARDS". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "5-1 start good news at building Mt. de Sales". tribunedigital-baltimoresun. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Women's Lacrosse: Gargan dominates from midfield // The Observer". The Observer. 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "PMS.com Seeks to "Help Those in Bleed"". Market Wired. January 29, 2014.
- Burns, Stephanie. "Turning That "Time of the Month" Into Profit". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "PMS.com". news.cision.com. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Influence17 Agenda | National Speakers Association (NSA)". www.nsaspeaker.org. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "AEG Digital Media Group Partners with SoCal Socialite for the 85th Annual Academy Awards". Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "2015 Best in Show - PCMA Convene". PCMA Convene. 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "PCMA Convene: Hitachi Healthcare at RSNA Named Best in Show for Social Media". FreemanXP. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- Burns, Stephanie. "Turning That "Time of the Month" Into Profit". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "NAB Show: For Stations and Millennials, Sharing is Caring". Insideradio.com. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Gitomer, Buy. "Sell Or Die | Erin Gargan". www.sellordiepodcast.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Pulse SPA Magazine November 2016". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "NAB Show Monday: The Doors Open, And Radio Talks About Digital Strategies". All Access. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Shave club inspires PMS product service". Orange County Register. 2014-02-13. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
This article "Erin Gargan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Erin Gargan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.