Essel Pratt Author Photo
|Born||Scott Lee Pratt|
12 July 1977
Mishawaka, Indiana, United States
|Pen name||Essel Pratt|
|Occupation||Writer, editor, formatter|
|Genre||Horror, thriller, dark fantasy, science fiction|
Essel Pratt was born in Mishawaka, Indiana on July 12, 1977 as Scott Lee Pratt. The name Essel was created as his first and middle initial "S" and "L" were combined into a single name. The psuedonym Essel Pratt was used because an Author by the Name Scott Pratt was already established as a crime writer.
Essel's most notable short stories are published alongside William F. Nolan (Blood Type, An Anthology of Vampire SF on the Cutting Edge and Drive In Creature Feature, Clive Barker (Drive In Creature Feature), Joe McKinney (author) (Drive In Creature Feature), H.P. Lovecraft (Within Stranger Aeons) and Catfish McDaris (New England Weird).
Essel Holds a diploma from the Institute of Children's Literature. He graduated from Mishawaka High School in June of 1995. He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in psychology.
During his writing Career, Essel has been a staff writer at the Inquisitr, Nerdzy, and Infendo. He has won various awards for his writing from the Preditors and Editors poll, including 2nd place in the 2015 nonfiction articles category, and 1st place in the 2015 poetry category. Essel has also co-hosted podcasts for Infendo Radio and Wicked Little Things.
Notable interviews have been conducted by Dirty Little Horror, Fiona Mvcie at Authors Inteviews, Trick or Treat Thrillers, Dab of Darkness, and HorrorAddicts.net. Essel has also received an honorable mention for his work in the charity anthology titled VS: US vs UK on the Ginger Nuts of Horror website.
Essel's book, Sharkantula was featured on ComingSoon.Net. Chris Alexander praised the novel, stating that "One would imagine that conjuring scenes of mutant shark monster carnage in the subjective mind would be far more vivid than the cheap CGI used in the films."
Essel Pratt has been a member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) since August 2013 acting as the event calendar coordinator and a member of the Great Lakes Association of Horror Writers (GLAHW) since May 2016.
Essel Pratt was featured in the Scholarly Article titled "Undead Role Models: Why the Zombie Child is Irresistible" by Anthony Adams, in reference to his children's zombie book ABC's of Zombie Friendship
Essel Pratt was a staff writer at the Inquisitr, an online news media outlet. His news topics ranged from the standard fair of hot topics to those that are catastrophic and heart wrenching. Essel Has written for the Inquisitr since June of 2014. His article titled 'Dying ‘Star Wars’ Fan Campaigns To See ‘Episode VII’ Before Cancer Takes His Life, Hamill And Boyega Express Support' won second place in the 2015 Preditors and Editors poll. Yahoo News punlished his article titled "Corona Beer Founder Did Not Leave Millions To Villagers, False Reports Shared by Multiple News Outlets". He was interviewed by Stephanie Stamms of the Wall Street Journal in reference to the mysterious seeds that were sent from China in early 2020.
Essel Pratt contributed to Infendo and Infendo Radio from February, 2012 through October, 2014. During his time there, he focused on articles relating to Nintendo related stories.
Essel Pratt contributed to Nerdzy from October, 2011 through October, 2013, prior to the company's demise
Wicked Little Things
The Wicked Little Things Podcast was the brainchild of catt dahman, owner of J. Ellington Ashton Press. Alongside catt and Essel, John Ledger, Doc Ferrel, and Dawn Cano discussed topics in the horror community. Their most notable episodes featured serial killer Morton Ordwell
Books and Novels
- Guide to Being A successful Facebook Admin
- Final Reverie
- Reaper: Act One
- Xperimental Genocide
- Ungodly Undoing
- Repercussions Run Rampant
- Backwoods Bonfire
- Poetic Despair (Poetry)
- Yeti, Yearning
- Orleans Occult: Bourbon Street Lucifer
- Lacrimation of the Leviathan
- Trailer Park Quarantine
- Attack of the B-Movie Horrors
- Curse of the Killer Toilet Paper
- Secession Part One: Volunary Deportation
- Secession Part Two: Victims of the Wall
- ABC's of Zombie Friendship
- Harambe and the Very Bad Day
Awards and nominations
- 2015 Best Poet 1st place Preditors and Editors Poll
- 2015 Best Nonfiction Article 2nd place Preditors and Editors Poll
- 2017 Best Poet 1st place Preditors and Editors Poll
- "Interview with author Essel Pratt". Dirty Little Horror. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- McVie, Fiona (30 November 2017). "Here is my interview with Essel Pratt". Authors Interviews. Unknown parameter
- Gray, Roma (19 August 2020). "Interview – Essel Pratt". Unknown parameter
- "Sharkantula by Essel Pratt". 2 December 2017. Unknown parameter
- "Press Release : Sharkantula by Essel Pratt". 9 January 2017. Unknown parameter
- "HORROR NEWS: TWO NEW FICTION ANTHOLOGIES ANNOUNCED". Ginger Nuts of Horror. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- Alexander, Chris (10 January 2017). "Sharkantula Scuttles Off the Page in New Novel". Unknown parameter
- Adams, Anthony (nd). "Adams, A. Undead Role Models: Why the Zombie Child is Irresistible" (PDF). Little Horrors: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Anomalous Children and the Construction of Monstrosity, Edited by Simon Bacon and Leo Ruickbie.
- "DYING 'STAR WARS' FAN CAMPAIGNS TO SEE 'EPISODE VII' BEFORE CANCER TAKES HIS LIFE, HAMILL AND BOYEGA EXPRESS SUPPORT". The Inquisitr. November 2, 2015.
- "Standings for Nonfiction articles". Preditors and Editors. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- Pratt, Scott (27 November 2016). "Corona Beer Founder Did Not Leave Millions To Villagers, False Reports Shared By Multiple News Outlets". Yahoo News. Retrieved 19 August 2020. Unknown parameter
This article "Essel Pratt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Essel Pratt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.