|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
San Francisco, California,
Area served 🗺️
|Evan Weaver (CEO) |
Matt Freels (CTO)
Number of employees
Fauna, Inc is a software company in Silicon Valley that develops and provides support for FaunaDB, a transactional, globally distributed NoSQL database that supports the FaaS model to build modern applications.
In September 2016, Fauna launched a production-ready version of FaunaDB, the company's flagship product that was made available as a managed cloud service, and a version for on-premise and hybrid cloud deployments.
Fauna is a privately held company and backed by capital funding from several investors including Point72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Capital One Growth Ventures, Data Collective, and Quest Venture Partners.
In June 2016, the company received $3.1 million seed funding from Afore Capital, followed by another seed round raising $4.5 million in September 2016  led by Charles River Ventures, with participation from existing investors Data Collective, Quest VP, the Webb Investment Network, and Ulu Ventures as well as a number of angel investors, including Scott McNealy, founder of SUN Microsystems, and Olivier Pomel, founder of DataDog.
- "FaunaDB Harnesses the Serverless Cloud - The New Stack". 3 April 2017.
- "What Is a Serverless Database? (Overview of Providers, Pros, and Cons) - DZone Database".
- "NoSQL Startup FaunaDB Has Twitter Roots". 21 March 2018.
- "FaunaDB: A New Distributed Database from the Team That Scaled Twitter". InfoQ.
- "Fauna Takes 'First Serverless Database' to the Cloud -- ADTmag". ADTmag.
- "GV joins $25M round into "adaptive" database startup Fauna - SiliconANGLE". 14 September 2017.
- "Fauna Closes $4.5M in Seed Funding -FinSMEs". 20 September 2016.
This article "Fauna, Inc" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Fauna, Inc. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.