|Edit this InfoBox|
Giunchiglia in 2018.
|Alma mater||University of Genoa, Italy|
|Awards||Fellow of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence, (ECCAI). Nominated in 2002|
Fausto Giunchiglia is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering (DISI) at the University of Trento, Italy. His current research is focused on the integration of perception and knowledge representation as the basis for understanding how this generates the diversity of knowledge. His ultimate goal is to build machines which reason like humans. HE is an ECCAI Fellow. He was a President and a Trustee of IJCAI, an Associate Editor of JAIR, and a member of the Editorial Board of many journals, including the Journal of Data Semantics and the Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent systems.
- 1987: Doctorate in Computer Engineering, University of Genoa, Faculty of Engineering
- 1983: Specialization Degree in Computer Engineering, University of Genoa, Faculty of Engineering
- 1981: Laurea in Electronic Engineering (specialization in Computer Engineering), University of Genoa, Faculty of Engineering
Honors and awards
- Member of the Academia Europaea
- Most influential paper in 7 years at the Extended Semantic Web conference, Fausto Giunchiglia, Pavel Shvaiko, Mikalai Yatskevich: S-Match: an Algorithm and an Implementation of Semantic Matching
- Author (joint with Uladzimir Kharkevich and Ilya Zaihrayeu) of the paper "Concept Search" published in the 2009 European Conference on the Semantic Web (ESWC 2009), which got a Special Mention from the Best Paper award evaluation committee
- Author (joint with Alessandro Cimatti, Enrico Giunchiglia, Paolo Traverso) of the paper "Planning via Model Checking: A Decision Procedure for AR" published in the European Conference on Planning (ECP) in 1997, selected as the "International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling" (ICAPS) Influential paper 10 years later, in 2008, Sidney, September 2008
- Honorary Professor at Jilin University, ChangChun, China, April 21 2008
- Winner of the IBM Shared University Research Grant, 2006
- Fellow of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence, (ECCAI). Nominated in 2002
- Winner of the first edition of the Artificial Intelligence prize sposored by the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA), as best Italia research scientist born after 1957 (1992)
- Cyprus Center for Algorithmic Transparency
- QROWD - Because Big Data Integration is Humanly Possible
This article "Fausto Giunchiglia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Fausto Giunchiglia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.