Flora Call Disney
|Flora Call Disney|
April 22, 1868
Steuben, Ohio, U.S.
|💀Died||November 26, 1938 (aged 70)|
North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, U.S.November 26, 1938 (aged 70)
|Cause of death||Asphyxiation caused by gas fumes|
|👶 Children||Walter Elias Disney|
Herbert Arthur Disney
Roy Oliver Disney
Raymond Arnold Disney
Ruth Flora Disney
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Charles Call |
|👪 Relatives||See Disney family|
Flora Call Disney (April 22, 1868 – November 26, 1938) was the mother of Walt Disney and Roy Disney.
Flora Call Disney was born in Steuben, Ohio, the daughter of Henrietta (née Gross; 1837–1910) and Charles Call (1823–1890), who were neighbors of Kepple Disney, father of her husband. She was of German and English descent.
Disney married Elias Charles Disney on January 1, 1888, in Kismet, Lake County, Florida, and they had five children:
- Herbert Arthur Disney (December 8, 1888–January 29, 1961)
- Raymond Arnold Disney (December 30, 1890–May 24, 1989)
- Roy Oliver Disney (June 24, 1893–December 20, 1971)
- Walter Elias Disney (December 5, 1901–December 15, 1966)
- Ruth Flora Disney Beecher (December 6, 1903–April 7, 1995)
Disney died in 1938 in an accident that plagued her son Walt Disney with grief for the rest of his life. After the success of their film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in 1938, Walt Disney and Roy Disney presented their parents with a new home in North Hollywood, near the Disney studios in Burbank, California. Less than a month after moving in, Disney complained to her younger sons of problems with the gas furnace in her new home. Studio repairmen were sent to the house, but the problem was not adequately fixed. Disney wrote a letter to her daughter Ruth Disney describing the wonderful new home, but again complaining of the fumes from the furnace. A few days later, Disney died of asphyxiation caused by the fumes at age 70. She is entombed next to her husband in Glendale's Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery.
Other articles of the topic Biography : Rachel-Lee Anderson, Asa Lewis, Doug Underhill, Gerry P. Little, Nan Phinney, Olivia O'Lovely, [[:Muhammad|Muhammadمُحَمَّد]]
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Roles of mothers in Disney media
- "Ancestry of Dick Cheney (b. 1941)". wargs.com.
- Williams, Pat (2004). How to Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life. HCI. p. 131. ISBN 9780757302312. Search this book on
- Flora Call Disney at Find a GraveLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Flora Call Disney on IMDb
- teacherparadise.com information
- Walt's Biography
- Flora Disney at Answers.com
- Family tribute to Flora Call Disney
This article "Flora Call Disney" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Flora Call Disney. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.