Full Stack Web Development
Full stack web development is the practice of working on both the front-end and back-end of a program. It is a term mostly used for those working in web development. The developers have background on creating user interface and user experience for front-end, and also have strong knowledge in a programming language that is used for handling the logic of the application, hence back-end.
Full Stack is a layer of software or web development consisting of the front-end and the back-end portions of an application. Front-end is what the users will see or interact with on your application. Back-end part is what users do not see, such as application's logic, database, server, etc. A full-stack web developer is comfortable working with both back-end and front-end technologies which make a website or application function properly.
Full stack developers are known to be "Jack of all trades" in the programming industry.
- Adaptability and Flexibility - Full stack developers can easily be put to work on either front-end or back-end tasks.
- Good chance of being employed - Knowing full stack development may give you an edge in the industry since you can fulfill more than one role.
- Entire Design Structure - Full stack developers can look at the entire design structure and logic, and have a better view of a program or application. This way, issues may be prevented during the development.
- Cost saving and ideal for smaller scale enterprise - Full stack development is ideal for small scale projects and small businesses since they can just hire a developer who can do both front-end and back-end programming.
During 1970's, programming and development was not multi-layered yet so there was really no need for full stack developers. Developers can write complete programs that don't really have the user interfaces that we are used to now. 
Around 1990-2000's, full stack development was synonymous with web development. This was due to user interfaces being very simple and easy to make, so developers work on both front and back-end tasks.
Nowadays, most companies hire different developers that specializes in front-end and back-end, which also separates the tasks for user interface and logic.
- "All you need to know about Full Stack Development | Multidots". Multidots. 2018-01-16. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "Our Curriculum | Coding Dojo". www.codingdojo.com. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- Dias, Sam (2017-05-05). "The Rise of Full Stack Developers & Benefits of Becoming One". Medium. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "What is Full Stack Development? Advantages of Full Stack Development | Blog by WeblineIndia". WeblineIndia. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "What is a full-stack developer?". blog.honeypot.io. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
This article "Full Stack Web Development" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Full Stack Web Development. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.