|Founder 👔||Wayne Elsey|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Funds2Orgs is a Orlando, Florida based social enterprise company. Founded in 2013, Funds2Orgs works with organizations to help them raise money collecting used and new shoes that are distributed to microentrepreneurs in developing nations.
Funds2Orgs was founded by executive and philanthropist Wayne Elsey. While president at Kodiak-Terra USA, Elsey organized the shipment of 250,000 pairs of shoes to countries that were affected by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami. The following year nearly one million pairs of shoes were delivered to the Gulf Coast States hit by Hurricane Katrina. After these two disasters Elsey decided to establish a nonprofit called Soles4Souls and in 2007 left Kodiak-Terra to become CEO. In 2012 Elsey left Soles4Souls and founded Funds2Orgs the following year.
Since inception, fundraising campaigns Funds2Orgs have worked on include "Feet for Francis" sponsored by the Archdiocese of Baltimore, "Million Pair Initiative" organized by cancer nonprofit The Half Fund, and "Shoe Me The Love", a fundraiser to purchase a wheelchair accessible van for a man afflicted with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
A micro-enterprise business, the aim of Funds2Orgs is to enable people to create their own self-sustaining economic path. Funds2Orgs purchases the shoes that their shoe drive fundraising partners collect in North America and sells them for a nominal fee to microentrepreneurs in developing nations who repair, clean, and re-sell the shoes in their local communities for a profit.
In January 2016 Funds2Orgs acquired Shoes With Heart, Southern California's leading shoe drive fundraising business. The same month Funds2Orgs announced the launch of subsidiary brand Sneakers4Funds focusing on organizations and athletic teams who are looking to raise funds by exclusively collecting athletic shoes.
- "Crowdfunding watch: Funds2Orgs". Corporate Knights.
- "If the Shoe Fits - Funds2Orgs".
- Citi (24 March 2014). "Citi'sVoice: How A Former Shoe Salesman Supports Microbusiness In The Developing World". Forbes.
- "'Soles4Souls' Helps Poor Walk a Better Path".
- "How One Small Act of Kindness Sent Millions of Shoes Around the World". Cardboard Magazine.
- "The Catholic Review > Home > Feet for Francis brings $12K in scholarships to Baltimore archdiocese".
- "Athens Man asks community to "Shoe" him some love". WHNT.com.
- "Shoe Drive Fundraisers can Help Micro-Enterprises". Funds2Orgs.
- "New crowdfunding platform uses shoes as currency". World Footwear.
- Barbara Schneider-Levy. "Shoe-Drive Group Funds2Orgs Debuts Sneakers4Funds - Footwear News". Footwear News.
- Official Website
- Funds2Orgs on Facebook
- Funds2Orgs on YouTube
- Funds2Orgs on Twitter
- Elsey Enterprises
- Shoes With Heart
This article "Funds2Orgs" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Funds2Orgs. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.