G. Ulrich Großmann
This article, G. Ulrich Großmann, has recently been created via the Articles for creation process. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
Georg Ulrich Großmann (29 November 1953) is a German art historian. He was general director of the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nuremberg.
Born in Marburg, Großmann studied art history, European ethnology and Christian archaeology at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg and Philipps-Universität Marburg after his Abitur in 1973. Art History, European Ethnology and Christian Archaeology at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg and the Philipps-Universität Marburg. In 1979 he received his doctorate in Marburg with the dissertation Der Schlossbau 1530-1630 in Hessen. At the Detmold Open-air Museum he worked as an architectural historian from 1980 to 1986. In 1986 he was the founding director of the Weser Renaissance Museumin Lemgo. He worked there until 1994.
From 1994 until the end of June 2019, Großmann was general director of the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nuremberg.
In 1994, he was habilitated at the University of Hanover in the Department of Architecture with a topic on historical building research, and in 1997 he was re-habilitated at the University of Bamberg in the history of art and architecture. He was initially a private lecturer in Bamberg; in 2001 he was appointed Außerplanmäßiger Professor there. The focus of his teaching is medieval art history.
Großmann publishes works on historical building research, architecture, painting, book art and graphic art, writes art-historical travel guides and is active as an editor.
He was chairman of the international working group for house research from 1982 to 2006, has been founding chairman of the Wartburg Society for the Research of Castles and Palaces since 1992, and has been vice-chairman of the supporting association German Castle Museum since 2005. Since 1997, Großmann has been a scientific member of the Historical Commission for Hesse.
Since 2013, he has been president of the Comité International d'Histoire de l'Art (CIHA).
- Der Schlossbau in Hessen 1530–1630, Marburg 1979, DNB-IDN 820118826 (Dissertation Universität Marburg 1980, 267 pages).
- Einführung in die historische Bauforschung. Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, Darmstadt 1993, ISBN 3-53420772-6 Search this book on . (Habilitationsschrift, Hannover 1992/1994, 204 pages).
- Architektur und Museum – Bauwerk und Sammlung. Das Germanische Nationalmuseum und seine Architektur. Ostfildern 1997 (Kulturgeschichtliche Spaziergänge im Germanischen Nationalmuseum. Vol. 1) ISBN 978-3-7757-0719-0 Search this book on ..
- Fachwerkstraßen in Deutschland. Theiss, Stuttgart 2012, ISBN 978-3-8062-2416-0 Search this book on ..
- Einführungen in Susann Kretschmar: Burgen in der Kunst. Nürnberg 2012 (Kulturgeschichtliche Spaziergänge im Germanischen Nationalmuseum. Vol. 13).
- Die Welt der Burgen. Geschichte, Architektur, Kultur. Beck, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-406-64510-5 Search this book on ..
- Literature by and about G. Ulrich Großmann in the German National Library catalogue
- Works by and about G. Ulrich Großmann in the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek (German Digital Library)
- G. Ulrich Großmann on the website of the University of Bamberg
Others articles of the Topics Art AND Germany : Birgit Dahlenburg
Others articles of the Topic Art : This Person Does Not Exist, Ahmed Al-Rimawi, Najib Tareque, Troye Sivan, Artistic scandal, Studio 6/6, Fahd Hassan
Others articles of the Topic Germany : Hans Boll, Wolfgang Martin Schede, Gerhart Wiesenhütter, Old German Shepherd Dog, Juwelo, Berlin Express-Historie, Carl Ueter
This article "G. Ulrich Großmann" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:G. Ulrich Großmann. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.