Early life and career[edit | edit source]
Clatworthy lived in Auckland. He was educated at St Peter's College. He was a stockbroker and was a partner of stockbroking firm, Buttle Wilson & Co. In 1970 he was Australian Manager for UEB Industries.
Community[edit | edit source]
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He was a member of the Finance Advisory Committee of the Cancer Society of NZ Inc in 1992, and was later Chairman of that committee 1995-2002. He was a member of the Board Auckland Cancer Society for 21 years (1988–2009) and he was the president 2006-2009.
In his role as the Chair of the Finance Advisory Committee, which he held from 1995–2002, he worked towards expanding the Societies’ finances and capability thus increasing funds that could go towards cancer research. Clatworthy served as the foundation Director of the Society’s trading arm, Daffodil Enterprises. Along with his voluntary work for the Cancer Society, he was a Justice of the Peace and was President of the Auckland Racing Club Committee, Chairman of the Young Enterprise Trust and President of the Auckland Chamber of Commerce.
Death[edit | edit source]
Clatworthy died on 5 December 2012 in Auckland at the age of 73.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Queen's Birthday Honours 2010: for "services to the community" Archived 10 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- St Peter's College Magazine 1970.
- Cancer Society of New Zealand Auckland Division Inc, Annual Report 2008/09, pp. 7-8.
- NewScan: Newsletter of the Cancer Society of New Zealand Auckland Division Inc. 4th Quarter (2006), akcansoc.org.nz; accessed 4 May 2017.
- St Peter’s College Old Boys Newsletter, Issue No 3, 2010 Archived 8 January 2004 at Archive.today
- "Geoffrey John CLATWORTHY Obituary". Notices.nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
This article "Geoffrey Clatworthy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Geoffrey Clatworthy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.