George (Gourgen) Ambartsoumian is a scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur. He is recognised for his contributions to the health and sciences sector both for his work as a researcher and later with his company GA International. Ambartsoumian has made prominent contributions to veterinary medicine and biotechnology.
Ambartsoumian became a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 1982, earning his degree from Yerevan Veterinary Institute in Armenia, and subsequently graduated with a Ph.D. in infectious diseases from the Kazan State Academy of Veterinary Medicine in 1998. Ambartsoumian also worked as a post-doctoral fellow at Concordia University (1991-1993), the Cancer Institute at Notre Dame Hospital (1993-1995), and the Shriners Hospital (1996-1998).
Awards and achievements
2019: Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in the Health/Life Sciences category for the Quebec region. The Canadian Economic Development for Quebec (CED) made a financial contribution to allow Ambartsoumian to adopt a new enterprise resource planning system. The CED innovation program supports entrepreneurs that are leveraging innovative new technologies to grow their business and helps them compete on the world stage.
One U.S. patent registered by Ambartsoumian:
- "Cryogenic-sealing tape and method of use" having patent number: 10577138
- "Dr. George Ambartsoumian Entrepreneur Of The Year Award 2019". horizonweekly. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Armenian Scientist Created an International Company Using a Toy". Asbarez. 25 February 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Worldwide Who's Who Press release". www.worldwidewhoswhoreleases.com.
- "George (Gourgen) Ambartsoumian, Ph.D., D.V.M." LinkedIn. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Worldwide Who's Who Press release". www.worldwidewhoswhoreleases.com. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Dr. George Ambartsoumian named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Québec winner". www.ey.com. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Dr. George Ambartsoumian of GA International named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Québec winner". newswire. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Canada Economic Development for Quebec - GA International, a world leader in exceptional labeling, enters new development phase". Canada.ca. Canadian Authorities. 5 March 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Gourgen AMBARTSOUMIAN Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search". patents.justia.com. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
This article "George Ambartsoumian" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:George Ambartsoumian. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.