Gideon Polya (born 8 May 1944, Melbourne, Australia) is a scientist, writer, author, artist and activist. He is married with 3 children and 3 grandchildren. He graduated BSC Hons (University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, 1966) and PhD (Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, 1970). He worked at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA and the Australian National University, Canberra, and thence taught science students at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria over 4 decades.
He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career as a biochemist (biological chemist) , most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London , 2003). He has published "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007). He has also written about what he calls a 'Zionist-subverted Australia'. In 2013, he published, "American Holocaust, Millions Of Untimely American Deaths And $40 Trillion Cost Of Israel To Americans," and tallied $30 trillion based on "A $125 trillion cost associated with 15.6 million preventable American deaths since September 2001, of which about $30 trillion can be attributed to US fiscal perversion supporting Apartheid Israel."
He also contributed to "Australian complicity in Iraq mass mortality" in "Lies, Deep Fries & Statistics" (edited by Robyn Williams, ABC Books, Sydney, 2007: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/ockhamsrazor/australian-compliity-in-iraq-mass-mortality/3369002#transcript) and "Ongoing Palestinian Genocide" in "The Plight of the Palestinians (edited by William Cook, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2010 Archived 2015-07-11 at the Wayback Machine). He has published a revised and updated 2008 version of his 1998 book "Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History".
- Gideon Polya Writing
- Gideon Polya's paintings
- Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950, G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007: http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/
- Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London, 2003
- Lies, Deep Fries & Statistics. Edited by Robyn Williams, ABC Books, Sydney, 2007: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/ockhamsrazor/australian-compliity-in-iraq-mass-mortality/3369002#transcript
- The Plight of the Palestinians. Edited by William Cook, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2010 Archived 2015-07-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History, G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 1998 (http://janeaustenand.blogspot.com/)
- BBC broadcast involving: Dr Gideon Polya, Economics Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen and others: http://www.open.edu/openlearn/history-the-arts/history/social-economic-history/listen-the-bengal-famine
This article "Gideon Polya" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gideon Polya. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.