|Founder 👔||Michele Giglio, President|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Giglio S.p.A. is a fourth generation Italian luxury fashion company based in Palermo, on the island of Sicily, Southern Italy. The company deals with luxury items of high-end labels for women, men, children and accessories. The trade name was founded by Michele Giglio with the opening of the first branded store Giglio IN in 1976. Today, it has six physical stores in Italy. and has featured in the list of Europe's fastest-growing companies in 2017. It also has an online boutique that has about 600,000 total customers, coming mainly from Europe, the USSR, the US, Australia and the Middle East.
The business started as a small textile and haberdashery shop in Via Casa Professa by Michele Giglio’s grandfather who used to sell lining and buttons. His father continued the family business and sold woven stuff. Michele started working at the age of sixteen, while pursuing studies. At twenty-three, his father passed away, that forced him to take over the management of the store. In 1963, Giglio moved into the world of packaging, the prèt à porter. In 1970, steps were taken to convert this one-man business into an S.r.l., with the expansion of the haberdashery shop into a clothes store and the opening of new sales outlets. The architectural layout of the first store “Giglio IN” was created by notable architect Carlo Scarpa and the logo of the company was designed by graphic designer Franco Giacometti.
The first Giglio store, a.k.a Giglio IN was inaugurated in 1976, located on the ground floor of a villa located in via Libertá next to Piazza Croci.
Today the company has 6 specialised stores, managed by the fourth generation - Federico Giglio. The e-commerce website was opened in 1996 and forms a major part of the business, run by Giuseppe Giglio. Entirely managed and owned by the Giglio family, the company has been converted into an S.p.A.
- Federico Giglio: Owner of the Giglio stores in Palermo
Flagship and regional stores
- Giglio IN, Avenue of Liberty, 44 - the first Giglio boutique.
- Giglio Donna, Piazza Francesco Crispi, 3
- Giglio Uomo, Piazza Francesco Crispi, 12
- Giglio Accessori, Piazza Antonio Mordini, 9
- Giglio Piccolo, Piazza Mordini, 5 
- Giglio is one of the members of the National Chamber of Italian Fashion that regulates, coordinates and promotes the development of Italian fashion.
- "RETAILER TO WATCH,FEDERICO GIGLIO".
- "Palermo company among the best in Europe". La Republica. Retrieved 7 Apr 2017.
- "FT 1000- Europe's fastest growing companies". Financial Times. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Giglio.com turns 20 and invests in new projects".
- "MICHELE GIGLIO A suitcase from Carnaby Street for the patron of the miniskirt".
- "Giglio grows in Palermo".
- "Shopping in Palermo".
This article "Giglio S.p.A." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Giglio S.p.A.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.