Glauco Benigni (born August 28, 1950) is a published writer, screenwriter, TV host and journalist. He's renown for his pragmatic vision on multimedia trends since the 1980s, and his advocacy for fair social reforms. Benigni counsels private and public film and TV companies about social trends and the opportunities offered by new global technology. He is a visiting professor at several private and state Universities such as LUISS, University La Sapienza di Roma, Roma Tre, I.E.D., for the departments of economy and marketing, communication and new technology studies.
Life and career
Glauco Benigni was born on August 28, 1950 in Rome, Italy. His mother and father were tolerant Catholics and both descendants of fallen Italian noble families. At 17-years-old he moved to Paris and became involved in the Protests of 1968 with the Situationist International (SI). He travelled extensively hitchhiking across Europe, living in hippy communities in Linköping (Sweden), London and Rome. He supported the Provo Movement in the Netherland and the Peace Movement opposing the Vietnam War. In 1973, he moved in with the Bergisch Gladbach emigrants' barracks to research the living conditions of the cross border workers near Cologne, Germany. In 1976, he graduated in Sociology with a thesis on Mass Communication from La Sapienza University of Rome. The following year, he cofounds "RR 962" the very first freedom of expression and civil rights' FM radio station.
His journalistic activity gained prompt global attention in the late 1980s, when Benigni's original journalistic style reaches instantly across the world as he create "McLuhan and Co" newsletter, the first multimedia newspaper a released globally via Fax machine. He also invented and ran "Global Village" the first monthly newspaper printed on T-shirts and sold in the street of major Italian cities by unemployed migrants. In 1987, he wrote and hosted the TV programs Reclame (Odeon TV) and in 1997, he hosted S.I.L.V.I.A TV for RAI International.
From 1979 to 1994, Benigni was the International Media Editor for the Italian major newspaper La Repubblica attending and reporting from major international film and TV program markets and festivals such as MIP, MIPCOM, Lions International Festival in Cannes, Montecarlo-TV Festival, London Multimedia Market, and NATPE in Los Angeles. During these 15 years, Benigni develops extensive relationships with major film and TV production companies, overseeing industry changes like pay-TV, film distribution trends, major film company mergers, and satellite TV technology development. From 1996 to 2013, Benigni was Head of International Press of RAI S.p.a. and Head of Promotion & Development for RAI Italia (former Rai International) worldwide.
Following his extensive global media trends knowledge and prolific books publishing translated in four languages    , Glauco Benigni has elaborated the concept of "Trading Communication Triangle" based on the relationships and mutual interdependence between Content, Networks, Business Models and Legal Norms   . His personal eclectic style, and experience on the field makes him a sought out consultant for top TV broadcasters and communication companies such as Mediaset, RAI Trade and RAI Pubblicità (former Sipra). From 1990 to 1994, he is a consultant to Eutelsat, one of the world's leading satellite operators with a powerful fleet of satellites serving users in Europe, Africa, Asia and America, and participated in several launches from the Guyana Space Center, and Houston Space Center. Currently there are over 6,500 online links referring to Glauco Benigni's interviews and articles, including 100 videos on his personal blog channel.
Benigni supports the ideology that individuals must have a sense of social responsibility and support the disadvantaged, regardless of their racial background or creed. Benigni keeps very active studying multimedia trends   over more than 40 years, anticipating global crisis like the emergency of finding peace talks between all nations, denouncing the lack of social structure to support immigrants, and speaking at rallies against animal cruelty. His notorious calm, laid back style and original journalistic delivery, is a combination of stern tone with a witty sense of humor which makes him a preferred reoccurring guest on televisions and more recently, on social media.
Published works, TV hosting, and academic experience
- Do You Speak Televisionese (Ed. Euro tv; 1985) Glossary of International television terminology
- Rizzoli Yearbook (Radio and TV section; 1984-85-86)
- Comincia L'Era Della Grande Sorella (Ed. La Repubblica - Duemila Comunicazioni; 1986)
- I Padroni Del Villaggio Globale (Pubblico Ed. 1988)
- Re Media (Ed. Lupetti & Co. 1989 - ISBN 88-85838-31-6 Search this book on .)
- Costo Contatto (Ed. Com / Inform 1996)
- Apocalypse Murdoch - History And Legend Of The Owner Of Sky TV (Ed. Cooper-Castelvecchi; 2004 - ISBN 88-7394-088-9 Search this book on .)
- Gli Angeli Custodi Del Papa (Ed. UTET Library; 2005 - ISBN 88-7750-908-2 Search this book on .)
- Die Schutzengel des Papstes ( German title of "Gli Angeli Custody del Papa" Ed. Benno; 2005 - ISBN 3-7462-1877-2 Search this book on .)
- Ochroniarze PAPIEZA (Polish title of "Gli Angeli Custodi del Papa" Ed. Rafael; 2006- ISBN 83-60293-37-6 Search this book on .)
- Youtube - The Story (Ed. Salani-ERI; 2008 - ISBN 978-88-6212-179-8 Search this book on .)
- B.H. - The novel Of A Hero And Martyr Of The Animalist Cause (Dora Ferro cowriter - Ed. GoWare; 2015) - ISBN 9788867973804 Search this book on .)
- Tutto E' Nella Rete , La Rete E' Nel Tutto (Ed. GoWare; 2015 - ISBN 9788867973231 Search this book on .)
- Nè Vero Nè Falso (GoWare Ed. 2015 - ISBN 9788867973422 Search this book on .)
- Così Il Digitale Ci Cambia La Vita (Ed. GoWare; 2015 - ISBN 9788867973590 Search this book on .)
- La Rete, Tra Libertà E Controllo (Ed. GoWare; 2015 - ISBN 9788867973897 Search this book on .)
In addition to writing books, Benigni developed two optioned screenplays Data Bank a movie about video cloning, and B.H. - An Animalist Martyr dedicated to the memory of Barry Horne, one of the founders of "Animal Liberation Front" (ALF) who died in 2001 after a long hunger strike. He also wrote for a TV series (Operazione Rainbow) inspired by the humanitarian enterprises of some "heroes" workers for the United Nations, including Staffan De Mistura. He is a visiting professor at several private and state Universities such as LUISS, La Sapienza, Roma Tre, IED, for their communication and new technology department.
Presently, Benigni is the president and co-founded the WAC (Web Activists Community Association) seeking out a system supporting remuneration of online content generation by millions of content creators. (Fairtube - Ig Metall - Youtubers Union) Benigni continues to live in Rome with his life companion, animal activist and cowriter-wife Dora, their three cats, writing books.
- "Elezione del Senato della Repubblica - Anno 2018" (PDF). City of Rome (in italiano).
- "Who's Who Glauco Benigni - Anno 2008". Key4biz (in italiano).
- "Los guardaespaldas del Papa: Decenas de hombres, de diferentes nacionalidades 2005". Zenit (in spanish).CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Ochroniarze Papieża". Allegro Archiwum 2019 (in polish).CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "La storia di Youtube nel libro di Glauco Benigni. La rivoluzione online di Jawed, Chad e Steve Anno 2008". Il Messaggero (in italiano).
- "Social Media e Censura - Anno 2019". Moondo info Un Mondo di Notizie (in italiano).
- "L'universo del 5G, tra' big data, stakeholders, mercato e sicurezza Anno 2018". La Repubblica (in italiano).
- "I "corpi digitali" eterni prodotti con i Big Data - Verso il Digital Day Anno 2019". Moondo info Un Mondo di Notizie (in italiano).
- "Italy gives Sky TV a poor reception - year 2004". The Age.
- "Web Nostrum, lettera aperta ai nativi digitali - Anno 2015". La Repubblica (in italiano).
- "La verita' sui padroni di internet: chi c'è sopra governi e social network - Anno 2020". Byoblue24 (in italiano).
- "A chi appartiene Internet? Di sicuro anche agli Utenti!". Pandora TV (in italiano)."
- Annamaria Buonassisi - "Quel giornale corre sul filo" - La Repubblica (1989-02-18)
- Nicoletta Novello - "Un giornale da indossare " - il Manifesto (1993-07-13)
- Francesca Mezzelani - "Global Village : si legge o si indossa?" - Tempo (1993-07- 13)
- Cecilia Zecchinelli - "Murdoch & Figli, dopo di lui il diluvio" - Corriere della Sera - Economia (2003 - 12- 08) pag.5
- Silvia Garambois - "Mr. Murdoch, l'achiappatutto dei media" - l'Unità (2003-12-07) pag. 23
- Ernesto Assante - "Storia e leggenda di un tycoon australiano" - La Repubblica (2003-12-08) pag. 30
- Norma Rangeri -"Lo squalo dei cieli tra storia e leggenda"-il Manifesto (2003-12-11) pag. 15
- Carlo De Risio - "I bodyguard di Sua Santità" - il Tempo ( 2004-12-11) pag. 19
- Paolo Mosca - "Gli angeli custodi che proteggono il Papa" - il Messaggero - (2004-12-30) pag. 25
- Marco Politi - "Quando il Pontefice è nel mirino - Libro inchiesta di Glauco Benigni" - La Repubblica ( 2005-01-12) pag. 47
- Maria Paz Lopez - "Los otros angeles de la guarda" - La Vanguardia (2005-01-13) pag. 33
- AFP - "Mission impossible pour les responsables de la securité du pape" (2005-01-12) 15:38
- Valentina Alazraki - "Juan Pablo II, el lider menos protegido" - Noticieros Televisa - (2005- 01-12)
- Bruno Bartoloni - "Los Angeles guardianes del Papa" - Washington Hispanic (2005-01-12)
- Anna Kaitoch - "Aniolowie strozowie" - Gazeta Krakowska (2007-03-30)
- Annalisa Siani - "Youtube, il nuovo abc dello spettacolo" - Il Giorno - la Nazione - il Resto del Carlino - (2008-05-05) pag 40/41
This article "Glauco Benigni" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Glauco Benigni. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.