|Privately held company|
|Founded 📆||27 May 2015United States in New York,|
|Founder 👔||Dr. Stefanie Lemcke|
|Headquarters 🏙️||New York, United States|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
GoKid is a mobile-first carpooling technology for schools, teams and families. Its website and mobile apps are aimed at helping families to set up and manage carpools with other families they know and trust.  It was founded in 2015 by Dr. Stefanie Lemcke with the goal of helping families manage busy driving schedules by sharing the driving responsibilities with friends and neighbors. The service works on a freemium model, with the basic app being free, and an upgraded version with additional features available for a fee.
GoKid is available worldwide - families in any geography can set up a carpool and invite others to share the driving.
GoKid was founded in 2015 by Dr. Stefanie Lemcke with the goal of solving the problem of urban traffic jams as neighbors drive their children to the same place.  The GoKid carpool app was built first for iOS and had a beta launch to the iTunes store in April 2016  The free app allowed users to register, add family members, set up carpools, invite others via e-mail or SMS, and volunteer to drive. In June of 2016 it was announced that GoKid was selected into the Techstars Mobility Detroit class of 2016 (chosen out of 500 applicants). After a full redesign, GoKid had a relaunch with an updated user experience and look and feel in July 2017 along with the first release of its mobile web app.
In August 2017, GoKid announced the launch of a school product, GoKid Connect a mobility solution designed to connect schools and parents through a secure web portal and GoKid mobile app, enabling parents to quickly identify who in their school lives close by, and is willing to carpool. GoKid Connect had its first paid pilot with a school in California for the 2017 back-to-school season.
In December 2017, GoKid announced that it was launching GoKid Pro - a paid upgrade the the app that unlocked extra features.
In January 2018, GoKid announced a partnership with TeamSnap, a leading technology in integrated sports management. The partnership had a first-phase goal of allowing GoKid users to easily create carpools and find other parents in their child's team by pulling information straight from TeamSnap. A second phase is planned to allow TeamSnap users to set up GoKid carpools directly from the TeamSnap app.
April 2018 saw the GoKid app come to Android with its first launch in Google Play in April 2018. 
GoKid is available on the web, and for download as native iOS and Android apps from iTunes and Google Play respectively. The app requires users to register but is free at the basic level. Users can create carpool schedules and invite others via SMS or email.
Features include schedule management, route optimization, reminders, and family accounts. Users can upgrade to GoKid Pro for $4.99/month or $49.99/year to unlock additional features. These include in-app chat, integration with TeamSnap accounts, an extended carpool history, calendar integration, and additional reminder settings.
GoKid has received numerous acknowledgments and awards for the company, concept, and design of its core technology. These include winning the transportation category at SXSW Accelerator Pitch 2018In August 2017, GoKid announced the launch of a school product, GoKid Connect. and being a finalist in the US Energy 2018 cohort run by Village Capital (source). GoKid was a semifinalist in the WebSummit PITCH competition 2017, won second place at the Mobiley awards in 2016; was a finalist at the Urban Future Competition, 2018; awarded one of the top 10 automotive startups at the LA Auto Show, 2017; finalist in the GoDetroit Challenge, 2017; finalist in the Moovel Mobility Challenge, 2016; finalist in NextChallenge Smart Cities, 2016; and finalist in the Women Who Tech Challenge, 2015. 
This article "GoKid" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:GoKid. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Barrat, Georgie (2017-09-25). "Need a ride? Carpooling offers a short-cut in the drive to end congestion". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "Beyond Just Uber for Kids: How 4 Startups Are Vying to Get Your Children Where They Need to Go". Inc.com. 2017-11-29. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "About Gokid".
- "GoKid - Making Kids Carpooling Easier | Techweek". Techweek. 2018-07-04. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid Carpool Organizer". App Store. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "Ford, Techstars Select 12 Startups to Focus on Mobility Solutions as Part of 2016 Mentorship Program". Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid is Now Available on Every Device! | GoKid Carpool". 2017-07-24. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- GoKid. "GoKid Unveils the GoKid Connect Platform to Drive Carpool Management for Schools". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid's Press Page". Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid Pro is here! Announcing premium features | GoKid Carpool". 2017-12-08. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid - Kids Carpool Organizer - Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid's Press Page". Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "GoKid, an Uber for the school run". Handelsblatt Global Edition. 2018-07-08. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "InMotion Ventures invests in GoKid". InMotion. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "DB invests in two new mobility solutions | Deutsche Bahn AG". www.deutschebahn.com. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "Gokid Pro". 15 Jun 2018. Retrieved 15 Jun 2018.
- "SXSW Announces 2018 Winners for 10th Annual Accelerator Pitch Event". 15 Jun 2018. Retrieved 15 Jun 2018.
- "Mobile Future Announces The Mobileys Competition Winners". 15 Jun 2018. Retrieved 15 Jun 2018.
- "THE TOP 10 STARTUPS RACING TO REMAKE THE AUTO INDUSTRY". 15 Jun 2018. Retrieved 15 Jun 2018.
- "Women Startup Challenge Startup SoftSpot Wins $25K to Change the Face of Wearables". 15 Jun 2018. Retrieved 15 Jun 2018.